Calshot Spit

David Dwight

Hi,

When I windsurfed at Calshot Spit I regularly stayed overnight on the parking. I used to buy a ticket for 23 Hours which was the maximum. The sign said "No sleeping, No eating and probably no smiling but I used to ignore all of it. The ticket warden used to come round early in the morning to check the tickets and always had a friendly greeting. I used to fill the drinking water tank from the same tap that we used to wash the boards and sails and empty the toilet in the public loo; all very convenient..

Bill Ord

we were at Calshot Spit yesterday, a few Motorhomes were there also, signs say no sleeping overnight, but if someone knocks on your door in the night and you answer, your not asleep are you, you could also say you are there fishing, I don't think you would get any hassle here anyway. :-) :-) :-)

Thanks for that bit of info Mike, I remember now Saunder - Roe "Princess" flying boats. Looked through my old log books but could not find anything. I worked with Sunderland Flying boats for many years, I legged up the last Sunderland for beaching and scrapping on 21st May 1959 in Singapore. OOps showing my age here.

Archived