Motorhome shows

Mel B

Has anyone been to the following shows please:

Outdoor Leisure - Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet - next one 8-10 January 2010

The Northern Caravan & Motorhome Show - Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate - 12-14 February 2010

We're thinking of doing them next year and would appreciate any info on them.

Ta

:D

Not sure if The Northern Caravan and Motorhome Show is a new one and who is running it.

There was an attempt some years ago to put a motorhome show on at the Harrogate Showground but it wasn't too well organised or attended and only survived that first year.

Having said that, we were intending to go along for the day as it is so close.

David

Hi Mel

We have day visited and camped at the Shepton Mallet show in January, there is some electric available I guess depending on who you camp with not sure we were with the C&CC club. It is a small show mainly indoors and mainly second hand vehicles, the evening entertainment was brilliant, a mime artist with a difference was the bit we saw appealed to my husband and I and our Teenage daughter!!

We have camped previously and have found that we could do the show easily in one day, so this year will be making a day trip.

Caroline

Guest Tracker

We have been several times to the Jan Shepton show and it seems to be struggling year on year as 2009 was smaller than ever with fewer stands and campers than 2008.

Mind you it was b####y cold this year with night temperatures of minus 7C - not that it bothered us too much as we were warm and snug but it probably does not encourage the less hardy campers!

Probably worth a day trip if it is not too far but from where you are Mel I doubt that is a viable option in January?

On the other hand it does make a weekend away if you've nowt else to do and all the camping is on hard standing - mainly site roadways - so you won't get stuck if it hisses with rain all weekend!

Archived