Another "Going to Spain" thread

Geoff Tuckley

I apologise for another going to Spain thread but need a question to be answered.

I have read on various threads that if a motorhome has a bike rack or scooter mounted on the rear it has to display a chevron board.

I will be towing a trailer with a scooter aboard. The trailer has a normal lighting board with rear lights, indicators and reflecting triangles on the rear. Do I still need to display a chevron board at the rear of the trailer for travel in Spain?

I am sure that with the wealth of knowledge on this forum, somebody will know.

Geoff

You may need to have a LONG VEHICLE board on your trailer depending on the length VEHICULO LONGO I read on another forum that someone was fined by Police for not having one, I'm sorry that I don't know the length of vehicle that requires this, but am sure someone will be able to advise.

vindiboy - 2009-11-19 5:23 PM

You may need to have a LONG VEHICLE board on your trailer depending on the length VEHICULO LONGO I read on another forum that someone was fined by Police for not having one, I'm sorry that I don't know the length of vehicle that requires this, but am sure someone will be able to advise.

LONGO is Portuguese. It's Vehículo Largo in Spanish, although the plate doesn't have to any writing on it.

12m is the length.

http://www.ams-accesorios.com/catalog/placa-veh%C3%83%C2%ADculo-largo-130-25-mm-p-366.html?osCsid=d9a8fcc5d277620c6dc33eab1e63c2b1

largo_larga.jpg.9126b67ba54aacaefeab7e4a6a95103a.jpg

Thanks folks,

I knew someone wold have the answer. I do have a chevron board but the trailer is a side loader and to fit the board where it will not act as a parachute break or take off on its own will be tricky.

I am within the 12 mtr limit so I shall take my chance with the lovely Spanish Police I think.

Thanks again

Geoff

Archived