channel tunnel

briff

channel tunnel  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sure you dont need no more replys its a big NO but having said that I cant see why if you arrive late at night lets face it there are no over night trains so its not as if the car park would be full . Personally I would try whats the worst that can happen you will get sent away ,so what then you will have to look else where ..go on be a devil try it .

You just may be lucky . (lol)

We use the tunnel everytime we go to Europe and have never seen anyone chased from the car park and can see no good reason for that to happen, after all you will already have passed through the check in booths and be well inside their premises so where are they going to chase you to.

We usually arrive quiet early and either rest (sleep) and eat in the car park or drive through the customs as normal and line up with the vehicles awaiting loading in the queue allotted to us, and as often as not they wave us through onto the next available train but if not then you can wait there until your train is due.

I think the loaders attitude is that if there is a vehicle waiting and the train isn't full then get that vehicle out of the way

Hi,

Arriving at the Callais side at 5AM, we went into reception building for coffee. I asked about their policy for early arrivals. "Up to two hours early" they told me.

Car park was empty. And dark. I doubt that anyone would go round looking for trouble.

Heading towards Dover, there is a service station on the right, a few miles from port. We pulled in for fuel. I saw a sign about parking for trucks, so asked their policy for caravans.

"Just park up!"

"How much do you charge?"

" We don't".

Eurotunnel advertise (or did) that if you arrive two hours early, or two hours late, they will put you on the next available train. There are signs telling you when YOU can board.

Can anyone identify where that service station is, and confirm the above?

Hi,

We have used the tunnel many times, we have stayed over night in the car park a few of those with no problems at all, including August and even then only had 4 coaches with overseas children going back home so a bit of noise.

Usually though they just want rid of you so you just get put on the next train, twice now we have arrived 24 hours early, put in our code and just gone right through. Out of the 30 or so times we have done the tunnel crossing we have only once been asked for extra money and that was on Bank holiday and we wanted to cross 4 hours early, so we just waited.

You don't go in with a banner saying "hey look at us we shouldn't be here now" or mention to anyone that you are a bit early, you just put the code in and go through.

Once on the other side I think we all know there are loads of places to get your head down and get an nice early fresh start.

Good luck and have a great time.

Mandy

Archived