Thetford Fridge / Freezer

kelly58

I have an Ace Airstream 680FB fitted with a Thetford Fridge / Freezer , but whilst running on 12v in transit the fridge temp used to rise and things in the freezer started to give, I rang Thetford a couple of weeks ago and they informed me there was an upgrade to fix the problem and advise I contact my local Thetford Agent my nearest 9 miles away Sutterton Caravans Nr Boston Lincs to order the upgrade and make a date for the work to be done . I have just collected my motorhome fix completed , so how about that for fantastic service from both Thetford and Sutterton Caravans ..http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/images/smilies/thumb.gif

kelly58 - 2009-11-20 5:53 PM
I have an Ace Airstream 680FB fitted with a Thetford Fridge / Freezer , but whilst running on 12v in transit the fridge temp used to rise and things in the freezer started to give, I rang Thetford a couple of weeks ago and they informed me there was an upgrade to fix the problem and advise I contact my local Thetford Agent my nearest 9 miles away Sutterton Caravans Nr Boston Lincs to order the upgrade and make a date for the work to be done . I have just collected my motorhome fix completed , so how about that for fantastic service from both Thetford and Sutterton Caravans ..http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/images/smilies/thumb.gif

Yes, it's always good to hear about positive customer service. I'm looking to fit a Thetford fridge in my MH which I'm planning now. I noticed on their website that the 12v power source should only be used to maintain a temperature, so don't put stuff in just before setting off, let the contents get down to temp. (on mains) and then switch to 12v.

What model do you have in your MH (or what size), is it the one with a seperate freezer compartment on top??? 

Yes its the one with separate freezer and the curved doors I always run the fridge down for 2 days before setting off , but after say 4 hrs on the road the frozen items were starting to give and frost up if you know what I mean. Otherwise a brilliant fridge although a bit gas hungry , but having fitted an extractor fan to draw the hot air from the top vent it doe's not use as much gas as before.

Archived