Welsh Show @ Celtic Manor 9-10 Jan 2010

Madmaggott

We are thinking of going to the Welsh show and wondered if they make any provision for overnighting.  I've tried their website and it gives only very basic show info.  Does anyone have any insider knowledge on this?  Also, is it going to be worth a visit ie will there be a good range of motorhomes to view?

Guest Tracker

In a monumental piece of bad planning it again clashes with the Shepton Mallet show so will probably have less exhibitors than it would like to have?

The Shepton show has been going for years and being quite close you would expect the Celtic organisers to get their act together and not clash wouldn't you?

The Celtic Manor is the venue for the next Ryder Cup. It is a massive hotel and golf complex - very upmarket.

The place is owned by Welsh billionaire Terry Matthews. It would be a fantastic place for a show but the clash with Shepton Mallet is more or less doomed this one to failure. I note that no exhibitors are listed whereas Shepton Mallet has very many on its website.

Its a shame as the Celtic Manor wins hands down for venue.

There is a Caravan Club site near to Celtic Manor in the grounds of Tredegar Park, Newport but I do not now about onsite camping at the Celtic Manor itself.

I think this is the show that was held in Cardiff last year at the CIA. the year before in the Rugby Stadium, Not many exhibitors then and the same time as Shepton Mallet. There never used to be any Parking for motor homes just Normal Hotel and golf club Parking at the Celtic.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Chris, I went to the Carmarthen show the year before last and was very dissapointed as there seemed to be very few MHs on display.

We have previously only been to the NEC shows so we may decide to wait for the next one there.

Archived