Hymer 522 / 512

hallii

Thanks Lenny, I actually went there on my last trip and they didn't have one!

Worst of all I was ignored, maybe they decided I looked like I didn't have any money (true, I look a bit rough after a couple of months abroad), or maybe they were to busy. Anyway I left and came home, having driven up the tramway the wrong way! But that's another story.

Geoff

Guest JudgeMental
hygra - 2009-12-04 2:15 PM

Hi Hymer uk at Preston did have a few in stock The Hymer 522 is now the Hymer 522 Silverline, at a staggering cost of 52.000 euros

get a quote from Belgium. mine for a Hymer Exsis was £10.000 better then brownills and higher spec...... And that is with poor exchange rate as well *-)

I have been looking for a replacement for my Hymer B544 and apparentley It isn't available any more.

So as my personal circumstances have changed, I have looked at the Exsis 562 Silverline on a tranny and like what I see.

Although it hasn't got all the bells and whistles of my Autotrail it has less stuff to go wrong. And in all the years I had my Hymer,with similar facilities it suited us. Can't do left hookers over here insurance amongst other issues.

You have to persevere with Campirama they are a small family firm who are overworked & often totally dis-organised. Once you get used to their ways you get a great deal and any problems eventually get sorted out.

We save over £10k on our van, Brownhills weren't interested in getting one for us and didn't even have the honesty to admit they were not importing the model range we were interested in.

RHD is not a problem with Hymer's cost us only 1300€ extra but did push the delivery out by 5 months as you have to wait for Hymer to build a batch of RHD vans our van was at the dealers within 2 weeks of quoted delivery date.

Derek Uzzell - 2009-12-05 6:20 PM

I thought Hymer had dropped the "522" designator for 2010 and that there are now the Hymer Van 512 and 562, and the Hymer Exsis-i 512, 562 and 482.

And I thought I had got it all sorted!

Am I alone in finding the Hymer model numbers totally confusing?

Is it deliberate I wonder?

Geoff

You are probably not alone!  A few years back Hymer catalogues were a model for others to follow, with helpful illustrations, loads of technical information, and clear layout plans with understandable keys.  You could more or less spec your motorhome from the catalogue alone.

I don't know whether the current printed catalogues differ from those they put on their website, but what is accessible from the website is full of big glossy pictures apparently chosen by the photographer without regard for the information they convey about the layouts, layout plans that essentially tell you nothing useful about the layouts, a chronic lack of technical information, but a fair guide to what colour upholstery you can order!  Waste, and space, come to mind!

No - I can't think of any other recent A-Class motorhome built on panel-van underpinnings. The rest use a 'chassis cowl' base comprising either the standard ladder-frame rear chassis, or a lowered version, or an Al-Ko replacement. The Exsis-i has a Transit FWD panel-van's sheet-metal floor-pan.

Guest JudgeMental
They probably do this because the exsis is as narrow as the "Van" varients and the chassis cowl would probably be to wide, or need to much work to fit.

Brian Kirby - 2009-12-07 11:24 AM

You are probably not alone!  A few years back Hymer catalogues were a model for others to follow, with helpful illustrations, loads of technical information, and clear layout plans with understandable keys.  You could more or less spec your motorhome from the catalogue alone.

I don't know whether the current printed catalogues differ from those they put on their website, but what is accessible from the website is full of big glossy pictures apparently chosen by the photographer without regard for the information they convey about the layouts, layout plans that essentially tell you nothing useful about the layouts, a chronic lack of technical information, but a fair guide to what colour upholstery you can order!  Waste, and space, come to mind!

I think you are looking at the 'English' version if you look at the 'German' version of their site all the technical information is there.The English site does not show all the models either.

Brian Kirby - 2009-12-06 12:49 PM
yeti - 2009-12-06 10:38 AM ............ Can't do left hookers over here insurance amongst other issues.

Can you explain this bit, Will?  Who can't do left hookers, and what is the insurance problem?  Ours is LHD and causes no insurance problem.

Hello Brian sorry for delay in getting back. INsurance companies always ask me if the vehicle is left or right hand drive. When asked why they have loaded the premium by anything from 5-15%.For tech data is this of interest to anyone?www.presse2010.hymer.com/.../TD_HYMER_Exsis-i_GB.pdf - Germany

Interesting!  When asked, Saga originally advised no supplement for LHD, but then, when pressed, checked and said oh yes, so there was.  Decision - no insurance with Saga! 

Comfort said no difference in premium for LHD, and when pressed, still said no difference.  Insurance is with Comfort!

Archived