moreton in marsh

clay

We're back and we've had a lovely relaxing time. We met up with friends at the site and walked into town both Friday and yesterday evenings for food, drink and good company. Friday we tried the Black Bear which had really good food and a lively atmosphere but the beer was poor. Saturday we tried the Swan which is under new management, beer was excellent food was good but it had more of a restaurant atmosphere to it than the Black Bear (although the bar was making lots of friendly pub atmosphere type noises). didn't try the Redesdale as their prices looked a bit too high for us plus our friends said they had heard not so good reports. Several pubs were offering free wifi connection but as we hadn't bothered with the laptops this was of no real interest to us, the CC site also has Wifi connection available but they do charge for it.

Weather has been changeable, bright clear blue sky in the mornings turning to showery afternoons and evenings then last night it just hammered down all night. This morning it had stopped by about 7.30 ish and by 10.00 am we had clear blue sky again.

D.

We have Just got back from there about 2 hours ago.Excellent to walk round the town and visit all the Pubs..[only a "half" in each of course??] and shops. We have been married 49 years."together" 55 years and I have spent 48 years outside Charity shops?] Noted a lot of "Vans" around..both here and in Cirencester..on our other stop..in the forest of dean..only two vehicles on site? There must be some kind of holidays,School or whatever in the "middle" land to account for the numbers of people on sites..or they are all rich and have lots of time off [Politicians??]The rain played like a stones drummer on the roof..sleep?..rum??umm..sleep.

First time at Moreton..it was good :-D (lol)

Dave,

I'm surprised the Caravan Club let your fire engine onto one of its sites, even at this time of year when it can be dark and dismal. I bet they made you pitch right at the bottom of the site, well away from the caravanning fraternity.

Anyway, you could probably boast one of the biggest fresh water tanks on site (did they charge extra to fill up?), and those ladders would have come in handy when the place flooded.

Love the pub reports. More please!

madmick

PS would they have let me in the second pub. Or was it a bit too posh?

Are you two a double act or something? CC Wardens made no comment on our motorhome, either good or bad, they simply weren't interested in it. Didn't bother filling the water tank but if I had I'd have done it at home anyway, just didn't feel it necessary to have 75 litres of water on board for just a couple of nights away especially as CC sites have excellent shower facilities. Not sure either of the pubs would let you in Mick ;-) .

D.

Archived