Yellow Stains in Bathroom

doonhamer

Has anyone experienced a yellow staining to the plastic panels in their toilet/shower. I am running a 2003 Hymer which was purchased about two years ago and the floor and some of the panels in the bathroom have developed some unsightly yellow staining. I have only ever used therford plastic cleaner but have no idea if the previous owner used something stronger. I there anything I can use to get rid of the staining?

Not sure if you'll be able to I'm afraid. Do you have any other ideas as to how they were caused? Has the sun been getting in there and discolouring it?

PS: I'm glad the 'Yellow Stains in Bathroom' aren't the sort of yellow stains I thought you initially meant! :D

We had this problem in our old Duetto, it was caused by sunlight and there was no cure.

We eventually put UV absobing film on the window glass and this seemed to stop it getting worse, but the only 'cure' was replacement (or just possibly we could have tried painting). :-S

I think you may find that heating in the room could also be a culprit.

Our ceiling panel is distinctly creamy and it receives no direct sunlight, so I suspect the warmth from the boiler next door. Does make it cosy in winter though!

If it is patchy, it could be white glue going off. It does that after a time, the bain of glue manufacturers research as it only appears after some time.

Joyce

doonhamer - 2009-12-09 9:03 PM

Has anyone experienced a yellow staining to the plastic panels in their toilet/shower. I am running a 2003 Hymer which was purchased about two years ago and the floor and some of the panels in the bathroom have developed some unsightly yellow staining. I have only ever used therford plastic cleaner but have no idea if the previous owner used something stronger. I there anything I can use to get rid of the staining?

We had a similar problem and used a tub of paste called Pierre Nettoyage from Leroy Merlin or Lidl do a similar product. There is also the original called Doktor Power in the UK.

Archived