Pickering or Tatton-which one?

yeti

I am led to believe that the Northern show will be at Tatton this coming year. Yet you are indicating on this site that it will be at Pickering,which is correct?

I hope it is at Tatton,apart from being handier for me it would be a much better site!!

yeti - 2009-12-11 9:30 AM

I am led to believe that the Northern show will be at Tatton this coming year. Yet you are indicating on this site that it will be at Pickering,which is correct?

I hope it is at Tatton,apart from being handier for me it would be a much better site!!

Can of worms.....

I would prefer Pickering - apqrt from it being handier for me I would argue it is a much better area of interest for the stay....

David

The ancient Kingdom of Mercia is centrally placed within these Britannic Isles, soon we to will have our own parliament, we hope to have our own currency and revive the old Saxon language. We hope to retain all the revenue from the coal mines which we will reopen and restart our steel production.

We would start production of the Austin Princess, a fine car, as soon as practicable.

We hope to one day be fully independent, although we would keep the Queen as head of state and allow free passage up the M6 (except the M6 Toll).

Those in the know will have sampled our local wines and soon we will resume production of "West Mercia Whisky" made from apples.

Faggots, grey peas and black pudding will be a national dish and this will be swilled down with Mild Ale from the Three Tuns independent brewery.

King Geoff

Warners Shows next year I understand are :-

Peterborough Apr 23-25

Newbury May 21-23

Prestwold June 18-20

Cheshire Jul 16-18

Malvern Aug 13-15

Lincoln Sep 24-26

Does that help?

P.S. We liked Pickering much more than York because of the rides over the Dales etc on our bikes. We don't like towns.

C.

Mel B - 2009-12-12 5:02 PM

Sooooooo ... if that's the 'Northern' show ... where's the 'Western' one going to be ... Cornwall????? :-S

As Cornwall is a separate country from England ( as is well known) then the 'Western' cannot be in Cornwall. And 'North' is anywhere above Bristol to us Janners.

As usual, anywhere North of Manchester does not warrant consideration.

It is time for a referendum for independence for the North - Cumbria, Northumberland, Durham, Teesside,Yorkshire and Lancashire - the forgotten counties - OR should we join force with Scotland, and share their addtional benefits as we approach old age

Thing is what would a referendum achieve?

We were talking yesterday about possible alternative venues for something like the Northern Show. Apart from Harrogate Showground we couldn't think of anywhere with sufficient space and decent road links.

There was a WWII airfield on Tees-side (Thornaby) which could have been made into something like the showgrounds further south but it was turned into housing & industrial estates instead.

Whether we like it or not, it appears to me that northern England simply doesn't have an appropriate venue.

Graham

lizken - 2009-12-19 8:58 PM

As usual, anywhere North of Manchester does not warrant consideration.

It is time for a referendum for independence for the North - Cumbria, Northumberland, Durham, Teesside,Yorkshire and Lancashire - the forgotten counties - OR should we join force with Scotland, and share their addtional benefits as we approach old age

Hey you, you've missed out "Tyne & Wear"

Amazing! Let's slag the place off 8 months before the show has been on! Tabley has several major ourtdoor shows each year. It is about 3 minutes down a major A road from the M6 junction 19. Why not wait until AFTER you've been there before complaining about the venue?

Some people just slag of for the sake of it. suffice to say that the proposed site is STILL the home to one of the largest and best county shows in the country. Especially in the times when many are ceasing to take place. It has all the infrastructure that a large event like this requires and as you quite rightly say,has excellent transport links.

The only other comment I would make is that I have always considered Cheahire to be North Midland not North West. for me the North West starts at Carlisle.

Lets see a pedantic geographer pick the bones out of that one!!!

Archived