Autocruise "Gleneagle" info

potjoe

Guest Tracker

I have an old style cab Starburst and we like the build and practicality of the van and I can see the appeal of the Gleneagle.

Pre Swift Autocruises were, in my view, better made than the newer ones and if you add into that the problems with the later Sevel cab transmissions plus there is no manufacturer backup for Autocruise parts, you do have a very much buyer beware situation.

In a van 7.71 mtrs long it ought to be possible to get a decent size fixed bed, a decent washroom, a decent kitchen and a decent 'feet up' lounging area albeit with other compromises so before buying do make sure that you have considered other layouts of similar size and as long as you are happy to make the bed up every night and the gearbox works properly the Gleneagle should work well.

We've been researching which motorhome to buy for about 3 years & finally whittled it down to two - the Gleneagle & the Autotrail Mohican - we like the rear bathroom layout.

We were finally in a position to buy one this year only to find both of them had been discontinued - just our luck!

At the Show in October we managed to locate a new Mohican which we've just collected & used for the 1st time this weekend & LOVED it.

We were disappointed with Autocruise doing away with the overcab locker - although the rooflight is nice it's totally impractical in our opinion. You need that space to store bedding so we felt they'd spoilt it.

At the end of the day it's down to personal choice tho we feel the Mohican is possibly better built now that Autocruise is in fact Swift.

Good luck.

Carol

My wife and I 'fell in love' with a 2005 ( previous Peugeot model ) Gleneagle to replace our Panel Van Conversion. The only, but major, downside for us was that if we were going to have a 'van *that* big, we *really* wanted a fixed bed ......... so we bought a similar age and size Autocruise Starblazer and that has the things that Tracker has listed, good lounging area, good ( excellent ) kitchen, good washroom and shower ..... Swift have discontinued the Starblazer now too.

Harvey

Thanks for e/mails yes i no they have now stopped makeing both models (still one or two about).we have Tagg A-trail with fixed bed but now looking for M-home with 2 settee`s .I donot think there is one EU model with this lay out and only a few UK models,i think dealers and makers think all motor homers need a fixed bed!. *-) *-) *-)

Archived