renault master auto/man gearbox

tazdog6007

my timberland van con. has a auto /manual change which has decided to stay in manual mode.the pre heater (diesel)light stays on all the time. when this first occurred it righted itself after a brief stop but now it has stuck,it seems permantly. any ideas out there before i pay renault an arm and two legs?

It has been very wet.  Might water have got somewhere it shouldn't have?  Had all sorts of sillies on the car a few days back resulting from water getting into one of those multi way electrical connectors.  Once I found out what and where, and dried it out, it started behaving properly again.

Check connectors for cleanliness of contacts. WD40 works with most electrical connectors and helps keep surface corrosion of the contacts at bay.

Thinking specifically about any wiring harness connectors between the steering column and the engine bay. Gearbox sensors etc.

Also fuses can get corrosion on their blade contacts. I would be tempted to pull them one by one, check with a meter for continuity and replace.

If in doubt use a professional.

C.

Archived