Caravan Club Website

Fred Duck

Hazy Baby - 2009-12-17 9:16 AM

Fred Duck - 2009-12-16 8:38 PM

I've not been able to access the CC website for the last two days - says 'website not found'. Is it just me or is it a common problem?

FD

Obviously crashed with everyone trying to book their York site for Christmas 2010!

Out of interest I just checked the availability of the York site and it's fully booked for EVERY weekend throughout the year EXCEPT the 24th & 25th Decemebr 2010!

That's what I call advance planning!

Dear John, the fact that ANY weekend let alone Christmas weekend still has pitches at York amazes me! Its about time the CC demanded a deposit off all these very early bookers. I would be very interested to know how many cancel which of course they can do at the press of a button, and at the last minute. Sadly lots of 'vans (both caravans and motorhomes) are not true tourers anymore. But as has been said many times on this forum - to each his/her own..............:-S

got a letter today signed by the director general himself letting me know my membership is due for renewal Accessed the web site Ok to renew online but message came up saying i could not renew because it is not due yet The office is closed for telephone enquiries until Monday. I'm off next week to spend Chrismas and New year on one of their sites Wonder what will happen if i do'nt renew before 31 Dec *-) *-)

Febbie - 2009-12-19 7:53 PM

got a letter today signed by the director general himself letting me know my membership is due for renewal Accessed the web site Ok to renew online but message came up saying i could not renew because it is not due yet The office is closed for telephone enquiries until Monday. I'm off next week to spend Chrismas and New year on one of their sites Wonder what will happen if i do'nt renew before 31 Dec *-) *-)

You an renew at the site office I should think, I know you can join there and then.

It now costs £38 to join the CC assuming you opt to pay by direct debit (saves the £7.50 joining fee for paying in other ways).

You can also get the 'express' pack from Waudbys, which contains everything you get from the club, for £32 if you buy it in store (I think the postage is usually £5.95 so it negates the saving):

http://www.waudbys.co.uk/products/details/78.html

It's out of stock at the moment but they should have supplies in January.

Trouble is the caravan club is so very popular.You have to as yourself why.The sites are reliable and usually well situated and well described.The late availablity bit is very good and can sometimes throw up some real jewels.Private sites, while some are excellent, can often be very poor still and the grading system isn't worth the paper its written on.

I would go to the Camping and Caravan Club sites more, if only the 'Managers' didn't allocate you a site, instead of letting you drive around and pick which ever one is free. I always feel like a second class citizen somehow when they hear it's a motohome. Am I the only one ?

Ray

No Dave that is one of a couple of reasons why we left the C.C.C. :-S its about time they got up to date and realised that people want to choose where they pitch! the times we refused the pitch! were asked "where would you prefer to park then"and were told "that pitch is for longer stay,s. No thank you !they can keep them all then.

Getting back to the original question - I think the problem may be that the CC has made changes to the site and people can longer access it from their existing "Favourites" setting. Simply go to the re-designed site via www.caravanclub.co.uk and then add that to your Favourites.

That assumes of course that the CC site is one of your favourites and for some reason any thread relating to the CC normally ends up with that debate being the main topic. Don't know why ...

V

maggyd - 2009-12-17 10:08 PM

I dont know :-S can you remember the bread shortages and sugar shortages? Well this reminds me of this!! greedy panic buying!! Who has time at this time of year to sit down and plan All next years holidays?? 8-) Take a deposit I say!!

Sorry we do. We tour for around 120 days each year staying 3 or 4 days at each site and going away between 3 or 5 weeks at a time depending on where we are going.. It's a sad fact of life that early booking is the only way to incorporate weekends. In the last five years we have only had to cancel once due to an unexpected funeral. So greedy? No just practical. Having said that we tend to agree that perhaps small deposits should be taken to prevent the type of irrisponsible and shelfish behaviour of the few>

I might add that we book on the second day and have never failed to get onto a site of our choise.

My boss's wife tried in vain to book the York site on the first day of the head office being 'open to bookings', both via the website and by phone. By the time she got through the weekend she wanted (not a 'holiday' one) had been fully booked up. Absolutely bonkers. 8-)

Mel B - 2009-12-29 5:26 PM

My boss's wife tried in vain to book the York site on the first day of the head office being 'open to bookings', both via the website and by phone. By the time she got through the weekend she wanted (not a 'holiday' one) had been fully booked up. Absolutely bonkers. 8-)

You need to log on as PM (Privilaged Member) then you will be able to book onto almost any site on one of the PMPs (Privilage Member Pitchs). If you are not a registered PM then you need to apply on line if you have been a member for more than ten years or are over 65. You will need to get a move on though because these pitches are only held untill the end of January. After that time they are opened up to ordinary members. If you don't qualify as a PM it may be worth looking on the 1st of Feb to see what pitches have been released.

Colin Leake - 2010-01-05 5:05 PM

Mel B - 2009-12-29 5:26 PM

You need to log on as PM (Privilaged Member) then you will be able to book onto almost any site on one of the PMPs (Privilage Member Pitchs). If you are not a registered PM then you need to apply on line if you have been a member for more than ten years or are over 65. You will need to get a move on though because these pitches are only held untill the end of January. After that time they are opened up to ordinary members. If you don't qualify as a PM it may be worth looking on the 1st of Feb to see what pitches have been released.

I've not heard about "Privileged Members" either! If this is true I think it's outrageous!

Why should OAP's and people belonging to the Club over 10 years get preferential treatment?

Assuming the over 65s are lucky enough to have good health and the money, they can stay on any site any day of the working week and any weekend they chose.

Those of us still in work only have limited holidays and occasional weekends free so I'd be pretty annoyed if people who could stay on a campsite any time of the week "steal" all the weekend pitches because they are "privileged Members"! I know it's a first-come-first-served booking system, but the idea that some sections of the Club get treated differently when it comes to booking makes my blood boil!

I've done a search on the Caravan Club website and can't find any information on this. Is it something only the over 65s and long standing membrs are allowed to know about?

Sounds a bit like some kind of Mason's club to me! >:-)

John

Colin Leake is wrong. The Caravan Club has no privileged members' club of any kind. Where he got this information from I have no idea and he really should prove what he claims or print a retraction.

The only concession for long service is free membership if you've been a member for 50 years and I for one do not begrudge anyone that!

GypsyTom - 2010-01-06 1:07 PMColin Leake is wrong. The Caravan Club has no privileged members' club of any kind. Where he got this information from I have no idea and he really should prove what he claims or print a retraction.

The only concession for long service is free membership if you've been a member for 50 years and I for one do not begrudge anyone that!
Glad you posted that, Gypsy Tom, because I was about to 'phone the CC and find out why I knew nothing about the 'privileged members club' being aged 67 and having been a member for 35 years!

Archived