Folding electric scooter

Guest JudgeMental

Couldn't see a price anywhere, also think 65mph *-) don't know if I fancy traveling that fast on something that might fold up 8-) .

They say lightweight at 50 kg but this seems to be without the battery. Total weight with the battery is 83 kgs. You might not have to pedal it but can you lift it into your garage (?)

Guest JudgeMental
This is probably OTT from a motorhoming perspective, the fact thats it folds into a cube means it is probably over engineered and heavier then necessary. All we really need is a neat, light bike with folding handlebars :-D

I agree that what is needed is a lightweight electric bike that will fold.

Preferably costing less than £1000 and without all the frills they seem to put on them.

I don't need anything but the bare bike as light as possible.

250 watts is the legal maximum power on these things, although how the police would measure it I don't know, would that be input power constable? Average output at the wheel maybe? Maybe it's the current measured at the motor (with a fully calibrated lab standard meter of course), but then the voltage will affect the power input/output.

It is the most stupid bit of legislation ever dreamed up. Why not simply limit the maximum speed like a moped.

On the subject of speed I nearly got knocked over by an electric scooter doing at least 10 mph on a narrow footpath. The elderly lady driver who appeared to be partially blind judging by the white stick and dark glasses, did not appear to see me at all!

It is also the case that some locals are buying and using these electric carts simply to use as transport into town being too idle to walk and too mean to pay the car parking charges.

But that's off topic, sorry.

Geoff

Guest JudgeMental

"250 watts is the legal maximum power on these things"

thats the Reg's for pedal assist E Bikes not scooters...

these are between 2500 watts and 5000 watts :-D

they will need registration, insurance, licence etc...but no congestion charge or parking |I fink ;-)

• 5 years later...

Archived