Jump to content

A thousand ways to die.


nightrider

Recommended Posts

My son phoned me this morning about a programme he saw on Sky TV last night entitled a 'Thousand ways to die' not murder or suicide but strange bizarre ways of dying.

A man in America went to his static van in order to spruce it up for a weekend of romance with his ladyfriend, he found that the toilet was blocked so he went to the store and bought a gallon of undiluted bleach which he poured down the loo, there was a chemical re-action which released chlorine gas, the gas knocked him out and he slumped against the door effectivly locking himself in.

When his ladyfriend arrived on the scene she had to summon help to get into the toilet where they found her boyfriend stone dead, so dont be heavy handed with the bleach. Strange but true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know from experience all about that scenario. I once mixed up some bleach and some other cleaner in a bottle to clean the toilets, which caused a violent reaction and I had to quickly run out of the house with the bottle and teling my wife and her mum to get out also. Chlorie gas was streaming out of the bottle. I frightened the crap out of me. The other cleaner must have been a strong alkali which reacted with the bleach to give off the gas. Don't try it yourself as you might not survive to tell about it. Not pleasant.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What about the young lad who died recently, one heck of a way to go:

 

The 25 year old university student, only identified as Vladimir, was working on a project at his parents’ home in Konotop. He was majoring in Chemistry at the Kiev Polytechnic Institute. His parents heard a “loud pop” and ran to his room.

 

There, they found the young man’s body, with the lower half of his face blown off!

 

Forensic investigation has concluded, and it has been announced that authorities found chewing gum covered in an unidentified chemical substance. It is thought to be an explosive type of material that caused the blast.

 

Apparently, the student used to dip his chewing gum in citric acid. Another chemical was found near the body, and officials believe the man may have confused the two and dipped it into the wrong one.

 

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/14282/exploding-chewing-gum/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

howie - 2009-12-22 6:56 PM

 

I could switch to ANY channel and watch cooking shows Malc.

'Strickly' Melanie !. Another example of how the nation is divided between the rubbish you like and the sophisticated stuff what educated people like me watch. 8-)

 

I'm highly educated but I dont like bragging about it *-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

howie - 2009-12-22 6:56 PM

 

I could switch to ANY channel and watch cooking shows Malc.

'Strickly' Melanie !. Another example of how the nation is divided between the rubbish you like and the sophisticated stuff what educated people like me watch. 8-)

 

Howie ... I'm impressed ... you've actually found the apostrophe key for once!!! (lol) ;-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...