Non toxic antifreeze

rupert123

Problems with the fresh water system in motorhomes due to some part of system freezing is pretty common. Has anyone ever tried non toxic antifreeze in the fresh water tank? I have been reading websites of several companies who supply antifreeze for drinking water systems but have never heard it mentioned on this forum.

I think this came up on a thread couple of months back, there was a link to website selling this, IIRC someone assumed it refered to normal engine antifreeze because it has a similar chemical name i.e. gylcol ...., had a look up to 9 pages back and can't find it.

hi

The product you are talking about is used widely in Canada. It is used to winterize R Vs and property. After draining the system it is used to flush out any remaining water, and is left in the system for the winter. It must be flushed out in the spring.

The product is called R V & Plumbers Antifreeze, it protects against frost down to minus 50%c

Talking to my son last night, who lives over in B.C., he said two days ago the temperature dropped 35%c below.

I have looked on Google, and can only find Canadian firms advertising it.

Regards Marcob

Archived