Waterpump Location

rolandrat

When are those so called Motorhome manufacturers going to get their act together. I've had a problem with my waterpump recently and what should have been an easy fix has resulted in cancelation of our new year celebration because I can't access it. Auto Trail have located it under the cooker on the rear wall so if I was a midget with four foot arms and a three inch diameter head I might have a chance of replacing it. I never travel anywhere without a spare but on this occasion I've returned home defeated and booked it into Richard Baldwins on Wednesday. I had visions of removing the cooker so I thought I'd leave it to the Professionals. My previous AutoTrail waterpump was located under one of the seats so it was easy to get to. So anyone out there who is considering buying a motorhome just take into consideration the location of the pump.

WOW ! I thought mine in the Hymer was bad enough, hanging on a tube in the water tank , it has come adrift in the past and you have to open a cover on the tank to access it but if the tank is full as soon as you crack the seal water starts to come out , the plug to drain the tank is in the tank so the only way to get to it is to open the cover and the water starts to come out the top. :-) :-) :-)

vindiboy - 2009-12-31 6:16 PM

WOW ! I thought mine in the Hymer was bad enough, hanging on a tube in the water tank , it has come adrift in the past and you have to open a cover on the tank to access it but if the tank is full as soon as you crack the seal water starts to come out , the plug to drain the tank is in the tank so the only way to get to it is to open the cover and the water starts to come out the top. :-) :-) :-)

Poke a pipe in the filler and syphon some of the water out first. :D

And let's not overlook heaters and fridges where carrying out routine maintenance or minor repairs will involve disembowelling the motorhome's furniture, electrical wiring and water pipe-work buried inaccessibly within walls, batteries that demand regular checking but need cab seats to be unbolted for access, etc. etc. etc.

peter - 2009-12-31 10:22 PM

vindiboy - 2009-12-31 6:16 PM

Poke a pipe in the filler and syphon some of the water out first. :D
Good idea Peter why did I not think of that, not sure if there is a baffle in the filler tube, must check, I have poked the tank bung out with a stick from under the van in the past. :-o :-o :-o

Hey Malc,

It's a pity that Auto Trail doesn't follow Hymers example because I think your vans pump is in an ideal location and the tank is sited on board as well. The tank drain off plug is a minor inconvenience. I rue the day that I parted with my Hymer 550 on a Merc 2.7cdi chassis, it was perfect in every respect but er indoors always complained about the kitchen area so I bit the bullet and let it go. I should have let her go instead.

Archived