camos flat sat dish

berreta

I AM IN PROCESS OF FITTING A CAMOS SAT DISH AND FREESAT DIGI BOX TO MY HYMER.THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS ACCESS TO THE CABLE FROM DIGI BOX TO SAT DISH,TO FIT A SAT FINDER.IS IT POSSIBLE TO BREAK INTO THE CABLE WITHOUT LOSING RECEPTION USING A AERIAL BOX FITTED TO SIDE OF CUPBOARD THANKS FOR ANY HELP

If you are saying "can I make a break in cable anywhere that is convinient to fit a meter whilst tuning" the answer is yes. route cable from 'dish' to where ever you want to fit meter, fit 'f' conector, route cable up from freesat box and fit 'f' conector, when meter is not in use fit a 'f' to 'f' conector, you can give yourself plenty of slack in cable as loss' on cable lenght doesn't cause a problem till you get to around 50m.

I agree with Colin but to make life easier you can get "F" to coax connectors. Use 1 male and 1 female either side of the meter and of course 1 male and 1 female on the corresponding ends of the cut cable. This way you can merely pull the plugs apart and plug in to the finder then when the finder is not in use just plug the cables back together - easier than screwing "F" connectors back together.

Cheers

Archived