Fiat 05 2.8jtd servicing schedule

Brock

Tried a search with no success - got an error message.

My motorhome had an interim service in 06 and 07, a full service in 08, and intermediate in 09. Average mileage was 6,000 pa.

This last 12m I've done only 4,000 miles because of family commitments. I'm at 28,000 miles to date.

My handbook says I need a service every 30,000 km (18,750 miles) with a fuller one every 35,000 miles. It also says I should change the timing belt and various belt controls every 4 years or 75,000 miles.

Any advice on what I do next would be welcome.

Wit the demise of TB Turbos, I'd welcome recommendations on where I can get a service for an A-class in the NorthWest/Shropshire. I'm on the Wirral. Some places I would use do not want to do an a-class. Hymer UK have been fine for intermediate servicing.

Can't help with your actual servicing requirements, but with regards to someone to service your van, this man came on here in April, he was one of TB Turbo's staff and said he can do anything that would have been done at TB's and is on the same estate I believe.

His name is Mark and can be contacted on Tel: 01524 843721, the location as I said is Lancaster.

The relevent thread is

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=15604&posts=9

Hope that is of some help.

Bas

Brock - There's only one place to get your 'van serviced and that's at Platts of Longton, Stoke on Trent.

They're unquestionably the best in the business and will be able to sort out all your concerns about what you should have done now.

I should add that I'm simply a very satisfied customer of over 10 years standing.

V

Brock - 2010-01-03 2:18 PM .......... My handbook says I need a service every 30,000 km (18,750 miles) with a fuller one every 35,000 miles. It also says I should change the timing belt and various belt controls every 4 years or 75,000 miles. ..........

I think, if you read all of the servicing recommendations in your handbook, you will find reference to abnormal use, or similar, which includes low annual mileage, in which case an annual service is specified.  At least, mine did!

Cambelt?  Well, the van will be 4 years old this year, so get it changed.  If it were to fail in use, it would comprehensively demolish your engine, which would cost an order of magnitude more to fix that the cambelt will to change.

Brambles - 2010-01-05 12:05 AM Brian - what does 10 minus 5 equal? ;-)

Er, dunno, do I Jon?  It is only just 2010 after all, and I'm still in 2009, innit!  :-)  Even more reason to do the cambelt, then - I predict it will expire on 23 June 2010 at 17:23 precisely.  Be afraid, be very afraid!!

What gave me a shock when I came to do mine at 5 years old and low mileage was the darn thing was very loose because it had been fitted wrong at the engine manufacturing stage. Its a 2.0JTD and the tensioner was tightemed the wrong way so belt tension tried to loosen the tensioner and had succeeded. I was glad I decided to change and not push my luck untill after the summer holiday. I also found the camshaft timing was way out. Engine ran like a dream afterwards and fuel consumption improved but will never know if it was the belt or I changed to using Shell Helix fully synthetic...bit of both I suspect.

Archived