Fiamma Handle

athiest

RE FIAMMA , FITTED MY 46 MODEL LAST AUGUST, SEEMS OK A BIT MORE COMFORT WHEN YOU PARK UP AND WANDER OFF KNOWING THEY MAY WELL STRUGGLE TO GET IN THE RESI DOOR, HAVING SAID THAT IF THEY WANT TO THEY WILL SOMEHOW. ASWELL AS ADETERRANT ITS HANDY AS AGRAB RAIL GOOD LUCK AND H.N.Y

We were going to have one fitted but found that as we have the habitation door at the front, behind the cab and the oven just inside, it would not be possible to fit one without the oven coming out.

Therefore we opted for the smaller Fiamma Safe Door. This does mean that we do not have the benefit of having a handle as an aid to entry but it still seems quite sturdy in preventing the door from being opened.

We do leave it in the upright "open" position when travelling in case there might be the need to use the door as a means of escape.

Hi,

If you are thinking of having the Optional Kit Security Lock (item no:-98656-433) that locks the 46 pro when closed, usually fitted to the habitation door itself.

Double check there is sufficient space between it and the main bodywork when the door is wide open, only on ours there really wasn't sufficient room if we had fitted it it would have punched a hole in the main body work if the door had swung open quickly.

Hope that makes sense,

athiest - 2010-01-07 8:59 PM

Thanks for the answers. Will be having the handle fitted if only to assist two old ens to get up the steps. 46 pro has been chosen. "A"

Hi,

We Had one fitted to our Lancashire, any van would be relatively easy to break into, should they be minded too.

But, it makes me feel as it is more secure (caravan door got to be the weakest point) also,it helps me get in easier, but only when folded fully back, in the forward position I find it difficult to use as an aid to getting in.

Pete

lennyhb - 2010-01-15 5:58 PM

A friend of my wife had their Motohome broken into at City Europe last year the Fiama Handle helped them get in, it gave them something to pull & leaver on, pulled the fixings right through the bodywork & made a right mess.

Agree with Lenny, I was going to have one fitted but was advised by somone who suffered similarly that a decent length of wood inserted into the D part of the Fiamma handle will pull the door apart. So unless you need help entering the van, stick to the small door cover ( the one that's 6 inches by 4) that turns through 90 degrees

this was the state of our van after an attempt to steal it in italy

but

one of them had got inside the van by opening the drivers window with a screwdriver....so the handle is a deterrent....but if they want to get in ..they will !!

i should add that this happened on an italian equivalent of blackpool prom..at 3pm in afternoon ..with lots of people passing by !!!

they also smashed the ignition lock and cowling....must have been trying to hot-wire it

it was a right state...and we had to continue our hol with it like this !!!

i have repaired it myself...i will post another photo later

cheers

berti

We used to have a house let to students who asked for their doors to have individual locks fitted. A reasonable request which we duly did. When they all went home for christmas thieves broke in and because the doors were locked they smashed them all to pieces. The irony was that the rooms were all empty of anything worth stealing.

Surely the drivers and passenger door locks can be easily forced if you know what you are doing, and looking at the fixings on our windows anyone with a crowbar and an ounce of strength would have them open in no time.

You have probably gathered I havn't put any extra door protectors on. Sometimes I wonder if these extra visual protection gadgets act as encouragement and a statement that we have valuable things in here.

I just try to be philosophical and hope I am not in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Archived