MID database

Trevor S

I wonder if anyone can advise me on this.

Well, on a snowy day I am doing some of those things you never get round to! Catching up on an old MMM' (November 08), I came across a letter about checking the vehicle on the askmid website.

The article was about a member who had his vehicle impounded after a routine check by police, the reason being that the details did not appear on the MIB site.

I have entered the details for my vehicle (Autotrail Miami) and the its shown as "DUMP CODE COMPANY USE"

I have just rang my insurance broker who tells me that it is normal, but it does not seem right to me.

(?)

I regularly check. On one occasion my new expensive motorhome was not listed and the insurers told me that it would take 14 days,I had had the policy with them fo 6 months! I informed them that if the vehicle was siezed,I would claim the recovery fee from them and if it takes a few days I would also claim the storage fees as well. guess what on the database the following day!

Trevor S - 2010-01-07 12:10 PM

I wonder if anyone can advise me on this.

Well, on a snowy day I am doing some of those things you never get round to! Catching up on an old MMM' (November 08), I came across a letter about checking the vehicle on the askmid website.

The article was about a member who had his vehicle impounded after a routine check by police, the reason being that the details did not appear on the MIB site.

I have entered the details for my vehicle (Autotrail Miami) and the its shown as "DUMP CODE COMPANY USE"

I have just rang my insurance broker who tells me that it is normal, but it does not seem right to me.

(?)

Mine's the same.

And mine as well.

Motorcaravan polices are a bit more complicated than standard I suspect the company dump code note is due the relationship between brokers and underwriters. The fact the vehicle is listed as insured should prevent any problems in roadside/ automated registration plate checks.

There was the odd glitch reported a couple of years or so ago when the sytem came into operation but my guess is that this apparent bug is know widely known.

Carry a copy of your insurance cert with you. There would be strong grounds for compensation if this evidence was ignored and the vehicle seized.

George Collings - 2010-01-07 11:11 PM

And mine as well.

Motorcaravan polices are a bit more complicated than standard I suspect the company dump code note is due the relationship between brokers and underwriters. The fact the vehicle is listed as insured should prevent any problems in roadside/ automated registration plate checks.

There was the odd glitch reported a couple of years or so ago when the sytem came into operation but my guess is that this apparent bug is know widely known.

Carry a copy of your insurance cert with you. There would be strong grounds for compensation if this evidence was ignored and the vehicle seized.

Some constabularies are quite detrmined in seizing vehicles that don't appear on the system,I think its called Polaris. Insurers will say 'you have the certificate with you', But some scallys cancel after the certificate is issued,so the police don't acknowledge paper as proof-it HAS to be on the database.

Archived