Microsoft Autoroute Europe GPS 2010

HymerVan

DonB - 2010-01-11 5:00 PM

Thank you Brian, for the explanation. I'm running 2006 Mappoint. Never had the GPS receiver, didn't know you could get it, and like you, can't see the point of it as we use satnav for driving and the laptop for route planning. I will have to think about updating to 2010 if it's not too expensive.

For the few quid a GPS receiver costs it's well worth having.

When we are abroad, when using the Satnav nearly always leave Autoroute running on the netbook & if I don't like where the satnav is sending me the navigator opens up the netbook & makes a decision based on the whole picture.

Beat me to it Phil, not many people are aware that the toll roads are in a different colour, there is a problem though when you do a route you can't see the colour of the road beneath the colour of the route :'(

Also noticed somebody said that you had to download the trial version in one go, not if you are using a decent browser such as Opera you don't *-) it can save partial downloads & then continue when you next go on.

kontiki - 2010-01-11 9:42 PM

Also noticed somebody said that you had to download the trial version in one go, not if you are using a decent browser such as Opera you don't *-) it can save partial downloads & then continue when you next go on.

Same in Firefox but it doesn't work with Autoroute.

The version of Autoroute should not make any difference if it works with previous version it should be fine.

Autoroute 2010 is compatible with NMEA 2.0 & later receivers, I assume your Garmin is recognised on the PC as a Serial NMEA receiver, it must or it would not have worked with earlier versions.

We travelled to St Gilles Croix de Vie the past 2 summers, the first time from St. Malo and the second Le Havre.

First time round we planned the route on Via Michelin and both directions were spot on, with minimal tolls.

Last summer we also planned the route on Via Michelin and ended up paying a great deal more in tolls, than we did the first time round.

For the return to Le Havre, we handed control to the VW satnav built in to the Touareg and it ended up with a fraction of the tolls.

We're venturing further south this summer with the MH and heading back via St Gilles and I'm planning on leaving the supplied Blaupunkt satnav to devise our magical mystery tour :-S

• 2 weeks later...

Could all you chaps who have AR 2010, especially if bought as DVD, please check something for me?

Can you click on "Help", and then on "About Microsoft AutoRoute" in the pull down, and then have a look just below "This product is licenced to", for the "Product ID:", and let me know if yours has an actual number, or only a string of zeros, in 4 groups, separated by hyphens, followed by "(Retail)".  (I don't want to know the number, just if it is anything other than zeros.  :-))

Thanks.  (If it has, you will be unable to contact AutoRoute on line Technical Assistance, as the Product ID (PID) is required by them for access.  NB, this is not the Product Key, which does not work for access to the on line help and Technical Assistance e-mail etc.)

Final point.

The driving speed selection under "More options" runs way too fast for my motorhome driving progress!  I have discovered that by setting all sliders to the slowest of the "Slower" settings it seems about right.  I may have discovered a fix for this, and will advise if it works after I have experimented a bit!

Mine has a User ID consisting of xxxxx-xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx (Retail)

I also found the speed settings had to be all at minimum to bear some resemblance of my actual speeds. Prior to the 2007 version I seem to recall that they put in figures and then for some reason changed it in the 2007 version.

Phil.

Brian Kirby - 2010-01-21 5:13 PM

Final point.

The driving speed selection under "More options" runs way too fast for my motorhome driving progress!  I have discovered that by setting all sliders to the slowest of the "Slower" settings it seems about right.  I may have discovered a fix for this, and will advise if it works after I have experimented a bit!

Older versions were better, 2006 & earlier versions you entered the speed rather than un-calibrated sliders.

Archived