Somali pirates

nightrider

knight of the road - 2010-01-09 3:27 PM

Somali pirates are demanding a $3million ransom with a 2 month deadline and if not paid they will shoot the British couple held captive.

Time for a bit of British gunboat therapy or what?

Are you volunteering ?

:-|

malc d - 2010-01-09 4:21 PM

Somali pirates are demanding a $3million ransom with a 2 month deadline and if not paid they will shoot the British couple held captive.

Are you volunteering ?

I'm ready willing and able, are you with me?

donna miller - 2010-01-09 6:59 PM

The couple are white working/middle class and retired, have paid taxes all their life so the government will do nothing.

However, if they were pakistani born, muslim drug smugglers in China, the government would step in and at least try to get you freed.

These Somali pirates would not have got away with it 200 years ago, they would have been hanging over the yardarm no doubt.

It is well known where the pirates bases are so why not obliterate their bases and maybe one or two of the more expensive properties in that area.

Might have the required results after one or two seriously minded obliteration raids.

The expensive properties will most likely belong to the pirate bosses so take everyone in them hostage and demand a big ransom too

jokes aside , Dont get me wrong i would shoot em all BUT surely we should shoot their Gov first .

These people are so poor ......however I am not saying they are right holding people ranson and demanding money their crime is bang out of order BUT I do feel like killing all the fat cats .

Donnas right you know

All the merchant vessels in the area should be fitted with 20mm cannons to blast these b*stards out of the water before they get any where near them.

knight of the road - 2010-01-09 5:43 PM

malc d - 2010-01-09 4:21 PM

Are you volunteering ?

I'm ready willing and able, are you with me?

Definitely not !

These people sailed too close to a dodgy area and ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time.

No one appears to know where they are, or even if they are together.

That country appears to be a complete shambles and has no really effective government.

So far the 'pirates' have not killed people but once they are attacked no doubt they will start.

I understand they still hold a number of crews from other ships.

I'm sure that there are efforts going on in the background to get the Brits released and force should be an extreme last resort.

I certainly wouldn't like to give the order to risk the lives of our young lads.

I'm not brave enough to send other people to do a job like that.

( That's why I don't want to be prime minister !)

Of course, if the couple ARE killed, that will be a different matter.

:-(

michele - 2010-01-09 9:42 PM

jokes aside , Dont get me wrong i would shoot em all BUT surely we should shoot their Gov first .

These people are so poor ......however I am not saying they are right holding people ranson and demanding money their crime is bang out of order BUT I do feel like killing all the fat cats .

Donnas right you know

Hey Michele,

I dig it when you talk tough.

Hi,

I understand that Israel does not pay ransoms.

Q-ships? Whats the marine equivalent of a SAM? Would they identify and take out a speedboat that refused to stop on the high seas to be searched?

How about sinking hostage ships? OK, our insurance would have pay out, but it might work out cheaper in the long run.

Volunteers? Mercenaries?

malc d - 2010-01-10 11:55 AM

It amazes me how this bunch of 'cowboys' can continue to run rings around some of the ( supposedly) best equipped navies in the world.

:-(

Political correctness and human rights, as far as I am concerned if you step out of the law you lose the laws protection, hang em high.

W3526602 - 2010-01-10 8:00 AM

I understand that Israel does not pay ransoms.

Israel has a policy of getting their own back by whatever means, their first option is to go in guns blazing, but if this is not an option they will pay ransoms or do prisoner swaps, even if it's for the dead bodies of their troops.

Archived