hymer b544 facelift

terry1956

Don't know, I guess your vehicle ie the pre-face lift Fiat, say a 2.8 TDi, 2002 that has those square headlights.

I suppose it depends on your reason for wanting to change. Those headlights don't seem particularly good to me, from a brightness point of view. I guess the cost of upgrading the front panel would be horrendous.

If brightness is the issue, these models have beneath each headlight, and lower down the front of the vehicle, a smallish circular hole, approx 150mm dia. Which I guess must be "empty" holes on your Classic.

These have got to be for driving lamps. If you buy new lights like those extra lamps that were factory fitted in the post-face lift models of 2003 they are really good, well they were on my Fiat. There will be blank switch positions on the dash for retro fitting the switching. You could also upgrade the bulbs within the main headlights which should also help.

I have an 05 544 with rounded headlamps. They are not very good despite having new bulbs with a brighter light. I've had Fiat cabbbed motorhomes before and never doubted the lights. Changing bulbs on the rounded headlight version is a real pain. Also, dirt gets trapped in the recess. I don't find them practical and I dream of flatter headlights.

If you do find someone who can do this for you, think whether the cost and looks are worth the pain.

I have an 05 544 with rounded headlamps. They are not very good despite having new bulbs with a brighter light. I've had Fiat cabbbed motorhomes before and never doubted the lights. Changing bulbs on the rounded headlight version is a real pain. Also, dirt gets trapped in the recess. I don't find them practical and I dream of flatter headlights.

If you do find someone who can do this for you, think whether the cost and looks are worth the pain.

Archived