Comments re Rapido

Hazy Baby

We had a 710F for some 5 years, and the only reason we left Rapido was they no longer produced the size or layout we wanted. we bought a Burstner, which was a similar layout, alhtougha little larger, and ironically, they only kept that model going for just over a year!

As to the Rapido, we bought it from Wokingham, and cannnot speak too highly of their service. Any problems we had we sorted out, and I wold certianly consider them well tothe top of quailty in the whole of the motorhome world. Yes,some design faults,but I think they appear in every vehicle, or maybe as regualr users, we just see things idffernetly to those who design them!

We had a crack appearing in the shower tray, just before we were selling it, and oddly,there seemed to be quite a few posting on this forum around that time with similar problems. I think there was insuffient support underneath. In fact the shower tray on our existing motorhome 'creaked', and we have had additional support put in to thta under warranty.

We also found some water ingress on the offisde panel behind the drivers door which joined the cab to the caravan body, and this was replaced, and at the same time the good folk at Wokingham replaced the nearside one as well 'just in case'.....

A good buy,m and i would certinly buy another Rapido if I was in teh market and they made what I was looking for....but onlyfrom Wokingham!

We still miss the 710

Thanks for naming (and shaming?!) Peter. Wokingham seem to be the favoured dealer at the mo. Just to complicate matters does anyone have experience of Highbridge Motorhomes, another Rapido dealer? They are just off the M5 in Somerset and a hell of a way from us in Sheffield - but while we are even thinking of travelling to Wokingham in Berkshire we may just as well go t'other way if to our advantage. I just wish Brownhills in Newark had the 'van we are after in stock. Then we could view there and buy elsewhere! But then again some folk are saying that Brownhills are ok now........ this motorhome buying lark is sooooooooo complicated!

:-S

Archived