Stellplatz in Trier

Don Madge

Morning All,

The Stellplatz (N49º 44’18.55 E6º 37’27.89) on the river side at Trier has now got barriers, one has to press the button on the barrier post and one gets a ticket and the barrier rises. We did not investigate further as we arrived in the dark and it was raining.

We left in the morning and it was still raining. The card works like some car parks were you put the ticket into a machine and pay your dues and use the ticket to lift the barrier when you exit.

It appears you also use the card to pay for a hook up and also fresh water. We just paid €6 to exit.

Regards

Don

From a very wet but warm Kusadasi.

Hi first time new member, we went to that stelplatz this summer. yes go through barrier and get card. You then use that card to get water, dump, and electric put card in another machine and pay then use card to exit. Be carefull when leaving as its easy to put in wrong slot as I did, nearly had to pay again. The stelplatz is very big alongside river good easy walk into trier which I thought a beutiful place.

Infact I thought German river motorhme touring amongst the best we have done. ;-)

Don Madge - 2010-01-13 8:53 AM

Morning All,

The Stellplatz (N49º 44’18.55 E6º 37’27.89) on the river side at Trier has now got barriers, .....

QUOTE]

Hi Don. Thanks for the info.

I hope to be passing through late may /early June but wonder if you have the references correct. The latest BORD ATLAS seems to differ a bit, so I wonder if there is an additional stelplatz, or which one in the book you refer to. Or is it simply that you give reference to greater accuracy?

The book lists one in Tiergarten 12 ( wine cellar) or Camping Reisemobilpark Treviris

tonyg3nwl

Archived