fridge wind stop panel

hymer1942

I have three winter covers on my fridge vents and managed to lose one just before Christmas (fortunately it didn't cause any damage as it flew off). I contacted Auto-Trail who suggested www.leisurespares.co.uk. Replacements come in pairs (in my case I received one about the size you want but the other was much too small so I have to sort this out) and cost almost £25. I found out afterwards that my local caravan spares shop can also get hold of them.

Barrie

There are variations in the size/shape (and colour) of 'winter covers' for Electrolux/Dometic fridge ventilation grilles, so you'll need to be careful to match the cover to the particular grille fitted to your motorhome.

The traditional Electrolux/Dometic venting arrangement had the refrigerator's gas-flue exhausting through the right section of the upper ventilation grille. Consequently, the cover for that grille is shorter in length than the cover appropriate to the lower grille.

If your motorhome has non-Electrolux/Dometic ventilation grilles, I'm not sure if winter covers would be available.

Guest Tracker
As an emergency cover you can unscrew the lower vent frame and wrap it in a Tesco carrier bag (other supermarkets are available) I would not use this for the top vent unless you are not using the fridge on gas as it can get hot enough to melt the old bag but an offcut of thin wood or plastic affixed with duct tape will suffice - just don't forget to leave a little ventilation in the upper one for air flow if using gas!

Hi,

It's all about Fridge Winter Covers. for Dometic/Elecrolux ; http://www.waudbys.co.uk/products/details/16288.html

Or Thetford ;

http://www.waudbys.co.uk/products/details/17413.html

They aren't supposed to be 'Wind stop panels' IF a fridge has been fitted correctly,

but sadly most of them are not.

Don't think they would cure your problem though W2G ! overfilled water Tank ??

These fridge vents are a bit pricey though, I'll have to take better care of mine.

Ray

Archived