Jump start and autocruise starburst

Laing

Guest Tracker
It's probably under the rain proof cover at the back of the battery - at least it is on my 2006 version and there is just about enough room to get a jump lead on but you do need to be VERY careful!

Guest Tracker
davenewell@home - 2010-01-16 5:24 PM

If its a 130 then its one of the newer X2/50 models and you'll find under the bonnet on the UK nearside a covered jump start connection point for the positive lead, negative goes to any good solid chassis point or engine block.

D.

Can I just add that the negative goes to any good solid UNPAINTED bare metal chassis or engine point Dave for the benefit of the inexperienced in such matters!

davenewell@home - 2010-01-16 5:24 PM

If its a 130 then its one of the newer X2/50 models and you'll find under the bonnet on the UK nearside a covered jump start connection point for the positive lead, negative goes to any good solid chassis point or engine block.

D.

Didn't know that, knew the battery was under the cab floor, must read the handbook sometime.

The battery is on the drivers side under the bonnet. The positive terminal does have a plastic shield over it, when removed there is what looks like a series of contacts sitting on/over the positive lead, not sure what they are for. It is a 2006 model, bought by me last year, no vehicle handbook just the starburst one

After some difficult to do close investigation, once the cover over the positive terminal is removed you can feel rather than see where a jump lead can just fit beneath another metal 'cover' (a plate with screws in it) as long as the jump clip is not too large. I attached leads to a car, started car and then the starburst started straight away. I had assumed, wrongly as it turned out, that with the motorhone on ehu and the charger switched on that both vehicle and leisure battery would be kept topped up but this was not the case. Usually I take the motorhome out for a 20 mile drive every couple of weeks when laid up in winter but have been unable to do so since early December because of deep snow.

Archived