Not a bad score?

nightrider

I have just had a look the posts sent to this chatterbox forum and the posts that I have sent in have generated 6100 views and 492 replies.

Not bad that? at least its kept a few of the members at their computers instead of heading off to the boozer spending money and stopped Janine from binge drinking down Bridgenorth :-D

knight of the road - 2010-01-17 7:44 PM

I have just had a look the posts sent to this chatterbox forum and the posts that I have sent in have generated 6100 views and 492 replies.

Not bad that? at least its kept a few of the members at their computers instead of heading off to the boozer spending money and stopped Janine from binge drinking down Bridgenorth :-D

EXCUSE ME???

I do not need to have a drink to enjoy myself, thank you very much!

(Although the pub's now serving Ludlow Gold, which does slip down the throat a treat :D )

Guest Tracker

Well that must be a first even for this forum - someone bragging about how good a poster he is!

And I thought it was primarily all about the disemination of knowledge and experience and secondly about having a giggle and a bit of friendly banter followed by the forming of virtual friendships that could turn into reality friendships - and have in many cases?

You live and learn innit!

Tracker - 2010-01-17 8:23 PM

Well that must be a first even for this forum - someone bragging about how good a poster he is!

And I thought it was primarily all about the disemination of knowledge and experience and secondly about having a giggle and a bit of friendly banter followed by the forming of virtual friendships that could turn into reality friendships - and have in many cases?

You live and learn innit!

Tracker,

A where might I ask that I am bragging? I am merely pointing out an observation. And apart from that my old chum you have spelt dissemination wrong ner ner :D get in the corner with all the other dunces

davenewell@home - 2010-01-17 8:24 PM

Hmmm, too busy to follow simple instructions on how to post a few photos but not too busy to see how many posts your own threads have generated............. You are so focused on wednesday's procedure obviously!

D.

I only checked how many replies the thread had generated out of curiosity because the thread seems to be getting longer and longer with the posts sent in by Brian and CliveH.

It seems to me that on this group you cannot do right for doing wrong and if I were to say to you here is 50 quid you would probably accuse me of being a flash b****** and as far as being too busy to follow simple instructions on how to post a few photos I am at least man enough to say that I am totally totally computer illiterate.

And like I have said, I have through Facebook managed to send off a couple of albums but for the life of me I have never managed to do it on this group.

Terribly sorry if I don't come up to your high expectations, in my work experience if something didn't work it soon did after you clouted it with a lump hammer.

J9withdogs - 2010-01-17 8:05 PM

knight of the road - 2010-01-17 7:44 PM

EXCUSE ME???

I do not need to have a drink to enjoy myself, thank you very much!

(Although the pub's now serving Ludlow Gold, which does slip down the throat a treat :D )

Janine,

What is the name of that pub right opposite the iron bridge? and have they finished the building work that they were doing at Blists hill?

Hmmm, too busy to follow simple instructions on how to post a few photos but not too busy to see how many posts your own threads have generated............. You are so focused on wednesday's procedure obviously!

D.

Dave,

Seeing as there were no smilies on your post above, I take it that you're seriously knocking me, okeydokey the Manc lion is a'roaring and scenting blood, lets see if you can start a thread that generates plenty of replies?? :D :D :D :D :D

KOTR

It is true that Tracker has spelled "disemination" sic, wrong once.

It is also true that you have spelled "arial" sic, wrong 24 times in your thread, "TV arial" on the "Hints and Tips" part of the forum.

People and glasshouses you know :D

knight of the road - 2010-01-17 8:51 PM

Janine,

What is the name of that pub right opposite the iron bridge? and have they finished the building work that they were doing at Blists hill?

The Tontine. (or the Station Hotel t'other side of the bridge)

Haven't been to Blists Hill for ages, but I think that the building work is still ongoing.

knight of the road - 2010-01-17 9:03 PM

D.

Dave,

Seeing as there were no smilies on your post above, I take it that you're seriously knocking me, okeydokey the Manc lion is a'roaring and scenting blood, lets see if you can start a thread that generates plenty of replies?? :D :D :D :D :D

I don't need to Malc, you big butch Manc Lion you..........ooh help me I'm scared...............NOT!!!

Yes I was knocking you directly and I'll stand up and be counted as doing so.

You started a thread mentioning your "American group" as you put it and tempting us all with what you are sending to all those colonial ex pats and how wonderful your garden and your tool shed is......... Oh sorry that should be workshop shouldn't it. When we asked fgor some pictures of the like that you tell us you're sending to the good ole USof A all of a sudden you become computer illiterate, despite being given several easy ways to post photos on here.

Sorry Malc if this offends your sensibilities but from your performance to date I'd say you are all mouth and no substance!

If this offends you, oh mighty Lion of the North, then you'd better learn to live with it 'cos I don't actually give a toss!

D.

spospe - 2010-01-17 9:11 PM

KOTR

It is true that Tracker has spelled "disemination" sic, wrong once.

It is also true that you have spelled "arial" sic, wrong 24 times in your thread, "TV arial" on the "Hints and Tips" part of the forum.

People and glasshouses you know :D

spospe,

Congratulations you spotted my deliberate mistake :D

davenewell@home - 2010-01-17 9:14 PM

D.

Dave,

I don't need to Malc, you big butch Manc Lion you..........ooh help me I'm scared...............NOT!!!

You started a thread mentioning your "American group" as you put it and tempting us all with what you are sending to all those colonial ex pats and how wonderful your garden and your tool shed is......... Oh sorry that should be workshop shouldn't it. When we asked fgor some pictures of the like that you tell us you're sending to the good ole USof A all of a sudden you become computer illiterate, despite being given several easy ways to post photos on here.

Sorry Malc if this offends your sensibilities but from your performance to date I'd say you are all mouth and no substance!

If this offends you, oh mighty Lion of the North, then you'd better learn to live with it 'cos I don't actually give a toss!

D.

How come some people on this group are so touchy sensitive and appear to have no sense of humour? :D

knight of the road - 2010-01-17 9:21 PM

D.

Dave,

D.

How come some people on this group are so touchy sensitive and appear to have no sense of humour? :D

And where did I say that I had a wonderful garden and tool shed? the only thing I can add to that is that my garage cum workshop is a tad bigger than your bog basic garden shed.

Seeing as it is not used as a garage I can safely refer to it as a workshop.

If Malcolm doesn't want, or cannot, post pictures on here then so what, his posts have kept us all amused and have been worth reading especially the responses to his posts so why is everyone getting so personal.

I can well understand Malcolm's prefixation with Wednesday and can accept his explanations.

Good luck on Wednesday Malcolm

PS

Hope my spelling comes up to the required standard.

D.

Dave,

D.

Dave,

Your vitriolic personal attack on me, could that be result of your binge drinking? from your past posts you have made it known your liking for a drink, and your pub crawls along Iron Gorge crawling home pie eyed.

Could it be that your last post was the result of your Sunday evening binge? spoiling for a fight, unable to take it out on your missus cos she would probably flatten you with a frying pan.

So you jump on your comp and see a post of mine that that doesn't suit you, so your vindictive mind comes into play.

Why don't you have a word with the AA they might be able to help you? I don't mean the AA that deals with wrecked cars I mean the AA that deals with wrecked binge drinkers.

'Smelling of roses' comes to mind here Dave and i,m offering 10/1 on Malcolm having the last word. *-)

All that aside for the moment though Malcolm, and i,m sure all of us, Dave included, hope and pray you you get that clean bill of health on Wednesday.

knight of the road - 2010-01-18 9:08 AM

Dave,

Your vitriolic personal attack on me, could that be result of your binge drinking? from your past posts you have made it known your liking for a drink, and your pub crawls along Iron Gorge crawling home pie eyed.

Could it be that your last post was the result of your Sunday evening binge? spoiling for a fight, unable to take it out on your missus cos she would probably flatten you with a frying pan.

So you jump on your comp and see a post of mine that that doesn't suit you, so your vindictive mind comes into play.

Why don't you have a word with the AA they might be able to help you? I don't mean the AA that deals with wrecked cars I mean the AA that deals with wrecked binge drinkers.

What's this obsession with binge drinkers on here, KOR?

You accused ME of being a binge drinker last night!

Lighten up a bit, please!

J9withdogs - 2010-01-18 11:38 AM

Dave,

Janine my love, dont get touchy touchy there was, if you didn't notice a smilie on my other post.

Guest Tracker

I wonder why people seem to think that as long as they insert a smiley they can be as cheeky as they want and it's OK and won't cause offence simply because they used a smiley?

Perhaps someone could count up who has used the most smileys when they have a quiet moment!

knight of the road - 2010-01-18 12:30 PM

Dave,

Janine my love, dont get touchy touchy there was, if you didn't notice a smilie on my other post.

Ist: I am NOT your 'love'

2nd: You can't accuse me of being a binge drinker, add a smiley, and think that's OK.

3rd: You don't know me, never met me, yet think you have the right to comment on my personal life.

4th: At least I have a life outside of this forum!

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Point taken?

howie - 2010-01-18 10:28 AM

'Smelling of roses' comes to mind here Dave and i,m offering 10/1 on Malcolm having the last word. *-)

All that aside for the moment though Malcolm, and i,m sure all of us, Dave included, hope and pray you you get that clean bill of health on Wednesday.

North Manchester General where I have got to go on Wednesday is a huge sprawling place, so in order to find out where the "old" part of the hospital was I went down on a dummy run to suss out the parking situation because the appointment is at 5.30pm.

When I got back the hospital phoned asking me what I was coming down for?? when I told her she said that she had not got me on the system!!!!

But she had a slot to see the consultant this evening at 6pm, when I told her I was coming on Wednesday she got it all figured out.

The confusion was caused by the hospital swapping and changing my appointments, first it was the 6th of Jan, then the 8th of Jan, postponed because of the snow, then it was made for the 20th of Jan she then said I have no need to see the consultant this evening seeing as I am coming down on Wednesday, apparently I will see the consultant for the results 2 weeks later, my head is swimming with it all.

I am not too bad during the day it is at night when I am experiencing acute discomfort and pain which is getting steadily worse, I find that I am spending half the night downstairs to alleviate the pain, fed up of it all now.

J9withdogs - 2010-01-18 12:41 PM

knight of the road - 2010-01-18 12:30 PM

Dave,

Ist: I am NOT your 'love'

2nd: You can't accuse me of being a binge drinker, add a smiley, and think that's OK.

3rd: You don't know me, never met me, yet think you have the right to comment on my personal life.

4th: At least I have a life outside of this forum!

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Point taken?

Janine,

In Lancashire, to say something like "my love, your love" is a friendly expression that causes no offense, if you took offense at that, then I give up. To comment on someones personal life you have to know them, seeing as I don't know you, how can I comment on your personal life?

As regards you saying that you had a life outside of this forum insinuating that I don't.

Was it not you who said, and I quote,

Well, I was going down to the pub, but this is getting interesting now?

>:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-)

Archived