side overtaking mirrors.

ronboyracer

If you read the post properly, he has clearly told us it's a 2008 Dethless.

Ron, most A class vans tend to have proper mirror arms fitted as opposed to the door mirrors on coachbuilt vans, if this is the case then I would suggest going to any van or lorry dealership and trying there as these type of bolt on mirrors can be pretty universal and fairly cheap. Even if yours is the electric type, a standard one will get you home where you can afford a bit more time sourcing one. A friend of mine had an electric mirror smashed on his Hymer A class, £350 to replace, OUCH.

donna miller - 2010-01-20 8:25 AM

If you read the post properly, he has clearly told us it's a 2008 Dethless.

Donna

The difficulty is that a 2008 Dethless (or even a "Dethleffs"!) might indicate either an A-Class model (with 'special' mirrors) or a chassis-cab model (retaining the standard Fiat mirrors).

I've looked back through Ron's earlier postings and it appears that his motorhome is 7.33m long, which suggests it's an "Advantage" chassis-cab coachbuilt model - but who knows? If a standard Fiat mirror is needed, then it should be easy enough to source one in Spain: if an A-Class-suitable mirror is required, that may well be another ball-game.

According to the Dethleffs website the importers are in Barcelona.

19 Agents are listed, one at 03559 Santa Faz, Alicante (South of Benidorm)

and one at 46780 Oliva, Valencia (North of Benidorm)

You can find the details on the Dethleffs website together with phone numbers etc.

There is a potential complication as Ron's Dethleffs (having been purchased from Lowdham Leisureworld) will almost certainly have right-hand drive.

Side-mirrors tend not to be 'ambidextrous' and mirrors designed for RHD vehicles are normally unsuitable for LHD versions of the same model. If that's true for current Ducatos/2008 Dethleffs, it's unlikely that the correct RHD mirrors will be available in Spain as off-the-shelf items.

(I assume we are talking about a complete side rear-view mirror-assembly here and not something like a secondary mirror within that assembly? Can't say I'm familiar with the term "overtaking mirror": my Ford Transit (and I believe the Ducato too) has a small convex secondary mirror that's below the main rear-view, but, according to Ford's handbook, this is intended to minimise rear 'blind-spots'.)

Archived