Back to work

nightrider

Over the next 2 or 3 days I will be getting my garden machines out and firing them up, I want to get back to work next week.

People are already on the phone asking when I will be around to give their gardens a clean out.

I checked out my M/H and by golly does it want a good intensive wash down, but after the other episode I will not be using a pair of stepladders, just before Christmas I bought a small ally mobile scaffold unit so I can move it around the van so I dont fall off, a lesson learned.

Guest Tracker

I have an aluminium decorators bench come step thingy to use when I wash the sides of the van.

It's about 18" high and about 3'6" long, very stable, and cost about £15 from B&Q, and it works well as long as you remember where the ends of it are!

Tracker - 2010-01-21 7:58 PM

I have an aluminium decorators bench come step thingy to use when I wash the sides of the van.

It's about 18" high and about 3'6" long, very stable, and cost about £15 from B&Q, and it works well as long as you remember where the ends of it are!

Tracker,

Have you ever "walked" off a trestle such as that? I have, you look something like Charlie Chaplin when he is falling about.

Guest Tracker
knight of the road - 2010-01-21 8:21 PM

Have you ever "walked" off a trestle such as that?

Yes - just the once - it does focus the mind!

Last couple of years I have cleaned the cvan off using a step ladder but did have a couple of scary "over-reach" incidences. So now myself and a friend will go down together so that we can do his as well as mine but have one of us on safety guard.

One thing that did help as we had no easy access to running water was to use the external pump with a hose attached to provide running water to rinse it off. Saved us having to move the cvan nearer the water supply as it is on a seasonal pitch.

Worth trying if you want to wash a cvan or MH off where mains water not easily available. I am always staggered how filthy the cvan is after just a few months of not using it.

Role on 1st March when we can use it again!

Archived