Engine re-maping?

rockbottom bryan

I have read a few bits and pieces on this but cannot seem to find any difinitive answers. One person swears by them and says that economy and performance were greatly enhanced then the next says my engine blew up and my insurance wont pay out!

The point is it seems like a good idea, we have a 2 litre ducato which in my opinion is seriously underpowered, plus it is claimed that not only will the performance be enhanced but it will give more miles per gallon. So on the face of it a no brainer but what do the experts think? We would certainly appreciate your input.

I'm not an expert but if you decide to have your engine remapped or rechipped do talk to your insurance compeny first as this would be a modification. When taking out a policy we are asked if the vehicle has been modified in any way. So it follows that a company would want to know if a vehicle was being or had been modified after the policy was purchased.

Perhaps failure to notify was one of the reasons in the case you quoted why the insurance company would not pay for the damage.

Archived