Vodaphone dongle-HELP!

Mr. Grumpy

I got my new dongle a couple of days ago. It installed without problems on my wife's Acer One Netbook running XP. However trying to install on my Advent 7113 running Vista I get the following error message: "Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action". Does anyone have any idea of whats going on. I have never seen this error code before.

Hi i use my dongle on 2 laptops and i have also used it on other computers no problem ie freinds and family PCs just plug it in and it loadS in seconds to any one never had a problem, i also got in touch with vodafone and they said the dongle i have still has no 30 day limit which is a K3565 model

I'm not that literate either - but using an Administrator account (if there's only 1 account on your Windows setup it will be an Administrator account) click on the Start button and select "Run..." (bottom right) - this gives you a prompt in a new window into which you then enter as per the Vodafone forum.

(Or at least that's what I'd try - maybe someone more literate can advise further??)

Archived