'The Times' and Motorhomes in France

Keith Chesterfield

I can see now that this scheme is fraught with complications over membership and it is very easy (for me at least) to understand how they are used by non members.

Surely the easiest answer would be for the farmer to open his gates to everyone, charge a nominal nightly fee and knock this off the price of any goods bought.

I must confess that if I stayed on anyone's land and was not charged I would feel obligated to buy something as I do not like the thought of getting something for nothing. That is my basic dislike of the FP scheme.

Mike88

I don't recall when the France Passion scheme began, but it was at least a dozen years ago. During that period the original format has remained largely unchanged and seems to work well enough for most people, motorcaravanners and 'hosts' alike. So there doesn't seem to be much motivation to fiddle with the 'rules'.

There is inherent scope for abuse (on both sides of the motorcaravanner/host fence), but, in general, FP-members seem to think the scheme worthwhile. (There was a 7-page article in the November 2009 issue of Le Monde du Camping-Car that supports that opinion).

If you feel uncomfortable with France Passion's format, then plainly you would be sensible not to join the scheme.

Archived