Dometic Fridge Recall reminder

Corky 8

I read February,s issue of Caravan Club magazine ,that Dometic has contacted all owners of effected RM7 series double door Dometic Fridge/fridgefreezers with MES (Manual Energy Selector )and AES (Automatic Energy selector ) to have as they say "The check was to ensure an inferior Screw did not create the potential for a gas leak should the screw work loose as a result of Vibration" it then goes on to list effected Fridge/freezer, one of which is fitted in my Motorhome ,and for which I have received no notification of a fault,it goes on and gives a contact phone No of 01258 414595, I will list Model numbers below incase like me you missed it the first time,

Models effected are} RM7601, RM7605, RM7651, RM7655, RM7801, RM7805, RM7851, RM7855, RMT7651, RMT7655, RMT7851,or RMT7855, I intend to contact Dometic on Monday first thing, hope this is of help to some one, I apologise if this has been aired before and the Model numbers have been taken from the pages of February,s Caravan Club Magazine who I dont think will mind as it is a recall even if I,m some what behind time. :-D I was hesitant to place this thread incase of the usual ridicule if posted before and been missed by myself, :$

Hi Corky,

This has been aired before as you suggested but if you missed it there are probably others who have too so no harm done.

The mod I had was about 10 minutes work and involved clipping one of the pipes in the back to stop it shaking about.

If you have a Dometic agent close they may be able to help you. I had difficulty as I came up against the "if we didn't sell it we don't want to know" syndrome.

Good luck

Stuart

We had the 'fix' done on our Dometic AES Fridge/Freezer just under 2 years ago now, it didn't take long at all and we didn't have a problem getting it done either. They do have mobile Dometic engineers so I don't know why there should be a problem getting it done.

I think this was the most recent Dometic-recall-related forum thread and it contains links to even earlier discussions:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=10363&posts=14

The recall was well worth mentioning again as it's certain that some potentially unsafe fridge/freezers won't have been modified. (Probably the same applies to Truma's safety-recall of thousands of C-Series 'combination' heaters a while ago.)

Archived