blinds for back window of Timberland endeavour

jananddave

We have just bought a new Timberland Endeavour, and have blinds on all windows except the back door windows. Does anyone know if someone makes blinds for the back windows, or failing that is there a silver screen that would fit for sale anywhere. We find the curtains very flimsy and not a particularly good fit and feel we need something else for privacy.

Look forward to any replies. :-)

jananddave

I'm very doubtful that anyone makes blinds for the rear door-windows of a Renault Master, or at least not the sort of blinds that are fitted to your Timberland's side windows.

I think you'll have to go for the sucker-attached insulated 'silver screens' option, but, once again, I'm doubtful you'll find them off-the-peg for a Master's rear door-windows.

It is possible to obtain the materials to DIY such screens. I've given a link to one supplier below (there are others) and you may find firms that would custom-make screens for you if you sent them templates.

http://www.rainbowconversions.co.uk/Equipment/Silver_Screens/silverscreens.htm

My own feeling is that you'd probably be better off obtaining a cheap (new or second-hand) motorhome cab windscreen 'screen' and cutting it to the shapes you need. The material is not very nice to work with, but my wife managed to re-trim (using a domestic sewing-machine and a string of curses) the edges of some screens that had to be modified to suit our Hobby's cab side-windows.

(I guess you could just fit linings to the existing curtains, though this would not provide the same level of insulation.)

jananddave - 2010-01-31 4:53 PM

We have just bought a new Timberland Endeavour, and have blinds on all windows except the back door windows. Does anyone know if someone makes blinds for the back windows, or failing that is there a silver screen that would fit for sale anywhere. We find the curtains very flimsy and not a particularly good fit and feel we need something else for privacy.

Look forward to any replies. :-)

Hi jananddave

I remember my old Highwayman had curtains that presstuded on to the rear windows and I did not like that idea either but I hunted and found a small cassete type blind with side runners for top and bottom windows on the back door, I think I bought them from O,Learys at one of the Motorhome shows, if you look on there website with the measurments of your rear windows you may find something to do the job.

Terry

Our PVC has a "Venetian" type blind on the o/s door window (kitchen) and a roller blind on the n/s (toilet). The Venetian blind looks purpose-made for PVCs as it has a lower clip to stop it rattling in the travel mode - otherwise it can be retracted.

I'm sure they would both been sourced from one of the many accessory suppliers.

This may do the job?

http://www.caravan-parts.org/80430/info.php?p=28&pno=0&pid=1463873&cat=118146&ack=9&search=&sought=

Clive

I agree with Derek, a cheap set of silver screens which you can adapt as appropriate would seem to be the best bet, that way you get the material, suction cups and a storage bag too.

These are particularly cheap, you'd be lucky to find second hand ones for this price even with adding the postage on:

screens

There's a test-report of a Timberland Endeavour XIX in MMM April 2009 that shows inside and outside views of the vehicle's rear doors. The sliding-curtain arrangement provided by Timberland can easily be seen, as can the challenges involved in installing any sort of screen to the rear doors/windows other than the 'sucker' type.

A single-piece 'universal' insulated screen is likely to be cheaper (if buying new) than a set of separate cab windscreen/side-window screens, and there's little point paying more than necessary if the original screens are to be cut to pieces. This was the cheapest I came across

http://www.riverswayleisure.co.uk/acatalog/info_330600.html

If the appearance of the blinds isn't necessarily a big issue, it should be possible to DIY them for very little cash. I'm envisaging the use of bubble-wrap and some waterproof shower-curtain material, though the attachment suckers would need to be purchased.

Hi

Our trigano tribute 665 had blinds on the back windows but having looked at the MMM artical I noticed your back windows are different from each other the one on the right going down at the bottom so would think it would be difficult for the casing for the blind to fit on the door, so probably you would be better of with a stick on one instead.

Fiona

Hi

As Fionablueinky says, they do appear to be available.

I have seen a Timberland (54 plate) locally with them fitted to the rrear door windows.

But having said, that Timberland's own sales location at Laceby (nr Grimsby) did not have any fitted to their vans in the yard.

Archived