Reputation of Motorhomers

Petra

I was watching Coach Trip on afternoon TV, yes I know I'm sad, but was appalled to see the coach pull in to a French rest area and dump the toilet holding tank down a drain. When he pulled away there was a big heap of toilet paper and other things! I bet a motorhome would have got the blame.

Do coaches do this all the time?

Petra - 2010-02-01 4:41 PM I was watching Coach Trip on afternoon TV, yes I know I'm sad, but was appalled to see the coach pull in to a French rest area and dump the toilet holding tank down a drain. When he pulled away there was a big heap of toilet paper and other things! I bet a motorhome would have got the blame. Do coaches do this all the time?

Petra,

A few years ago, we were returning from Austria on a coach holiday. The coach had started it's return journey from Lake Garda, it did a pick-up at Mayrhofen, and then us at Maurach.

We were the last off the coach somewhere in the midlands (not saying where or naming the coach company) but as you can imagine it was late. About 2 miles before the coach dept there was one of those unmade lay-bys on a corner which the driver pulled into and reversed up to a ditch running alongside of the lay-by and blew the lot out (not by mouth!!, PTO) The drivers (2) said "it was ok, when the rain's came it always washed it away" *-) the corner was known as s**t house bend!!

Apparently when all the drivers got back they had to clean all the coach out and make it ready for the next crew the following day, so doing this saved them a bit of time.

I always wondered what they did on the outward journey which ended at Lake Garda, much the same I suppose. Apparently this was a common thing, even with the continental coach drivers. I always check lay bys now before i park up.

Dave

Archived