Greasing my nipples

michele

Guest Tracker

Very simple job - takes less than five minutes - usually should done as part of a service but can be overlooked!

Find a nice garage man, flash your eyes - or anything else pretty, and with luck he will service both your nipples for a nominal fee!

Michele

These were a couple of earlier forum threads that may be useful:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2246&posts=3

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1979&posts=7

Note that there is a correct way of doing the greasing (and the grease itself should be of a suitable type), so, if a non-motorhome garage will be doing it, you might want to take a copy of those threads to show them.

As Tracker says, the task shouldn't cost much and it should really have been done each time your motorhome was serviced. However, it's not part of the 'habitation service' and, if the 'Fiat servicing' was carried out by a workshop (or mechanic) unfamiliar with Al-Ko chassis, the greasing requirement may have been missed.

Ha ha , thanks guys .

I had it at my mates garage ages ago and his gun didnt fit it .

I was slightly aware that it wasnt a great big job just wondered how much .

I have it booked in for thursday at a proper fiat garage who will be attempting to fix the padlock light that is coming on in the dash board ,I just hope thats not going to cost a fortune knowing Fiat it will .

I also have asked them if they can look at the heater as well as that is a pain all the time its baltic . So I will let you all know how much it comes to its due its mot so hopefully it will pass .

We wont bother buying a nipple gun \grease gun because the way things are going we are not really using it at all and we are actually thinking of getting rid

Howie you 'd better be quick i am getting it done thursday I know a man who can :D :D

Corky 8 - 2010-02-01 6:28 PM

Hi Michele, if you bought one of these you could get hubby to do it for you ,all you need ,you dont have to be an engineer to use one or have brute strength,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5PC-HEAVY-DUTY-GREASE-GUN-KIT-NEEDLE-NOZZLE-OIL-TUBE_W0QQitemZ170435435961QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Hand_Tools_Equipment?hash=item27aebe5db9[/QUOTe

Cheers how would i know if it the size I need ?

Michelle, if your van is having an MOT, ask the garage to grease your nipples for you when they raise the back wheels up to check the wheel bearings, this is the position it should be in, ie, wheels off the ground when they should be greased. I have mine done every year at MOT time, takes less than 5 minutes and my garage don't charge.

Mike.

Guest JudgeMental
To see if I could be of some assistance in this, I entered "Greasing my nipples" in various search engines only to be astonished at some of the links and advice received! I am now inundated with email from Russian ladies "My Tender Bear - you missed me?" So planning to visit Vladivostok ASAP *-)

JudgeMental - 2010-02-02 10:17 AM

To see if I could be of some assistance in this, I entered "Greasing my nipples" in various search engines only to be astonished at some of the links and advice received! I am now inundated with email from Russian ladies "My Tender Bear - you missed me?" So planning to visit Vladivostok ASAP *-)

Judge - Love it :D :D

Stating the obvious perhaps, but this question, just like so many on this forum, can be resolved by getting a really good working relationship between you and your local garage. Flitting from one place to another hoping to save a couple of bob will usually get you a basic service from someone who sticks to the given schedule with no thought or care for any other problems they may come across, preventive or otherwise.

Servicing apart, preventive is the key word. Both my car and van have been serviced/repaired by the same garage for the last 15 years ( main dealers would be my last resort ) and always ask them to do a 'bumper to bumper' check on all running gear and underside condition, and this includes lubrication of all moving parts. Takes time, but now in a position where not only can I explain exactly what I want done, but confident that the work is carried out as it should and any possible future problems reported. Simple.

Too much of a gentleman to comment on your nipples Michele, but with all things having a limited shelve life can only suggest the knackers yard and replaced with new.

• 1 year later...
JudgeMental - 2010-02-02 10:17 AM

You wouldn't have the links handy would you Judge? :-| .

Archived