Dogs Dogs Dogs

Jaqs Stuart

Dogs Dogs Dogs  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi guys, We have 3 dogs that holiday with us all the time, 2 border collies and 1 lab/collie x. All three are totally loopy and we need sites that don't just have a "nice dog walk" but ones where we can let them off for their mad morning run, daytime barmy larrup and bedtime pee without having to walk off site. We normally run away to Bo Peep as this site caters especially for people with dogs but we would like to find other places that are similar.

Ideas for dog owners

We put up a "dog garden" alongside our motorhome made from rolled up plastic plant fencing you get from diy stores, broom handles and cable ties, works a treat. If you don't want that early morning wake up call sleep up in an overcab (doesn't always work as one of ours just jumped up with us - boing!. We used to have a Euramobile Profila with bunk bends along back edge and the dogs travelled in the bottom bunk, we tucked in a sheet of stiff plastic coated wire along the bottom edge held up with hooks from the top bunk and that was their travelling cage/bed. The van has now grown into a 6/7 birth Euramobile 795 or something or other with fixed single beds at the back and I have made a dog gate so the dogs are confined to the back when travelling. As for the dogs either pushing you out of bed or against the window, well thats all part of the fun!

We are off up Geordie land in August to show our foster daughter my husbands stomping ground, If anyone can advise a good site we'd appreciate it, as we are now too big for Rowlands Gill.

Ta very much

Jaqs

Welcome to the forum, Jaqs!

Don't know anything about Geordieland, but here are a few that I've found:

The CCC site at Delamare (Cheshire) borders the forest with hundreds of acres of dog-friendly walking.

The CCC site at Cannock Chase (Staffordshire) is adjacent to Cannock Chase.

The CC site at Chirk is next to the castle grounds.

The CC site at Longleat is within the estate, which remains open 24/7 to walkers.

Blaydon Rugby Club is a 5 van site. Cannot remember if it is a CS or CL, so check the club site for that.

It is 5 minutes away from Rowlands Gill and borders the Derwent Walk where we sometimes exercise our dogs. There is more than enough room to run your dogs and you may see the Red Kites in the area.

Be aware that in the Summer there is a big boot sale in the Rugby Club on Sundays. At a pinch, you could wild it one night in one of the car parks betwen the Club and Rowlands Gill.

Don't know about Geordie Land, but down our neck of the woods (West Country) we find that Wareham Forest Tourist park is ideal for dogs.

The forest is accessible straight from site and there are miles and miles of tracks etc. that dogs can 'free run' providing they do not interfere with wildlife of course!!

Hi Jags and welcome to the 'dog' house. :-D

Chatsworth (CC) site is in part of the grounds and has a gate leading to the grounds which would be ideal for your 'pack'. Also, Round Plantation (CC) is right next ot the forest/woodland.

Sorry, gotta run - tea's ready! :D

Don't know about the north but in S.Wales try Pembrey CC site, it's right next door to about 500 acres of country park and beach.  Fantastic!

I also get annoyed with sites that advertise 'dog walk' when what they have is actually a pocket hanky sized corner where the dog can pee!  Don't they realise that dogs need a 'proper' walk?

A number of posts have admitted not knowing Geordieland, so I will give you the latest news from here.

Scientists are on the edge of a breakthrough in gas mantle technology. The new ones should last for a month.

The weather has played havoc with the inter city stage coaches but is getting back to normal now. More horses were drafted in.

Sunlight soap is very good for scrubbing your front step. Might also work on the m/home step as well.

I might start a weekly post of the advances we are making in the modern world.

Archived