A Class owners - make sure you have enough windscreen cover!

neilmac

I already knew these screens were expensive but, how much is expensive?

Eventually, my new screen has been fitted after my insurance company refused to authorise the claim. Much heated debate with their engineer resulted in a change of mind, but for a little while it was touch and go! Although they had all the information they should have required, they were using the VIN number as reference and were (stupidly) insisting it was a Fiat Ducato and the bill should have been around £250 and not the whopping £2500+ that Autoglass were claiming (long story updated today on my blog here ).

My insurance policy relating to the claim was for unlimited windscreen cover, and my current policy has £3000 cover, so only just enough...... Before all this I would probably thought a couple of thousand would have covered it.

Could have cost me dearly.

20100205-_MG_4811.thumb.jpg.266e491fa59b4d6512d5aec8aa91ab91.jpg

Guest JudgeMental

£2.500 - £3.500 in the words of Tom Jones "It's not unusual" for an A class windscreen.

the headlights can be over £1000 each as well *-) why I stick to coachbuilt :-S

I understand from Equity Red Star (through the Camping and Caravanning Club) that the excess for ALL windscreens is £50 and there is no upper limit on the cover.

The lady even stated that this applies to "the big American ones" and mentioned figures of £3000 or £4000.

Archived