Oh woe is us

Poppy

Guest Tracker

So just as long as you use some foreign mumbo jumbo to try and impress us all and lots of smileys to show how funny you really are you feel that will justify your earlier pompous and self righteous posting do you kutar ri ri?

Don't ask me about my sense of humour ask anyone who knows me and unless you are really another of our departed trolls in yet another alter ego you may wish to gain a bit more experience of this forum and the way it works before you jump in and criticise others?

Anyway, I have never been one to harbour antagonism so welcome to this forum and I hope I speak for all when I say that we look forward to you contributing in a way that other users might find helpful.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kuta ri ri - 2010-02-11 5:50 PM

What's the matter Tracker, someome intruding on your "Old Boy Club"?

Life's too short to be serious!! :->

Always eat your dessert first :->

Lighten up fella :-( >:-) ;-)

Get yourself a sense of humour (^) >:-( B-) :'( 8-)

And! Kuta Riri is my family name, very old and well respected in my country, so I expect you will be called Mr Tracker? Or are you hiding behind a phony name

regards hone (Maori for John0 :-( *-) :$ :D (^) (lol) 8o| (!) >:-( 8-)

Regards

Hone !!!!!!!!!!!!!! isnt that a**e for gaelic (?)

Guest Tracker

Thanks kuta ri ri taken in the spirit that I think it was intended!

Have you got a name that is easier to type please and I look forward to more of your antipodean wisdom - if that is not in itself a contradiction in terms!

I actually live in Cornwall I put Essex so dip s**ts like you dont visit .

Now you know I live in Cornwall do you have another bit of slagging off you wish to do ?

I mearly asked if it was gaelic for backside hence the question mark .

You are a very rude person and there was utterly no call for your attack .

up yours ! no smileys .

Translation of kuta ri ri, according to the Maori dictionary is:

Kuta: (noun) great spike rush, bamboo spike-sedge, Eleocharis sphacelata - a rush growing to about 1 m which spreads from a creeping rhizome and has thick hollow stems of bright green. Found throughout Aotearoa/New Zealand in swamps and on lake edges and is often partially submerged.

Ri: (verb) (-ia) to screen, protect, screen off, bind. 2. (noun) screen, bond.

So you're a spikey swamp dweller, which is screened (or hiding?)??? ;-)

I'll have to send my niece an email and ask her about your name (she's married to a NZ lad).

IMO you're not choosing the best way to get to know everyone unfortunately .... maybe you need to stop sticking your spikes in people and give yourself a chance to get to know them first. :->

Just an idea ....

747 - 2010-02-10 12:44 AM

Hi poppy,

Listen to Gypsy Tom and not the other moaning minnies.

I let Discover Leisure have my van before I sealed the deal on my other van but I kept the log book. You have trusted other human beings. We have to at times, that is how society works.

It will work out for you and you would have had more support elsewhere. I feel that the members on this site should be ashamed of themselves. When somebody needs help, it should be given without resorting to doom laden scenarios.

Please come back to us when you have achieved an outcome to this situation.

Not doom laden at all. Just reality of possible outcomes. Not everybody is as lucky as you. If you did it 10 times, how many times would it go t*ts up? Once is too many. Better not to put your fingers in the fire in the first place.

michele - 2010-02-10 8:00 PM

:D :D :D :D Its all silly isnt it :D Poopy just tie a red ribbon around their tails :D and a hackamore in a few mouths :D

Made me laugh though (lol)

Who's "Poopy" Michele? You been at the cooking Sherry again?. :D

peter - 2010-02-12 9:25 PM

:D :D :D :D Its all silly isnt it :D Poopy just tie a red ribbon around their tails :D and a hackamore in a few mouths :D

\I thought this also as a hackamore does not go IN the mouth

jhorsf - 2010-02-12 9:30 PM

peter - 2010-02-12 9:25 PM

Ops forgive me I,m sure what a lot of pompus people on here .

Did I slip up and put in. Oh strike me down dead sin of sll sins committed .

Wait whilst I just slap myself upside the head

\I thought this also as a hackamore does not go IN the mouth

:D

Very informative, thank you.

At least the dictionary was almost right - the spikey leaves are used for the skirt which forms a 'screen' so a flying spikey screen skirt - I wouldn't want to get 'hit' by it!!!! :-D

I might just call you Spikey! :D :->

My God

Just got back from holiday and spent and hour reading this lot. From a couple (or lady) in distress over non delivery we have had racial abuse, personal abuse, grammatic consultation, parental and ancestoral debate, to a geography lesson on New Zealand from a Mauri and an Essex girl in Cornwall! I would reply but words fail me!

Thank God the summer is coming-we all need to get out more

Hopefully you have got your van sorted now Poppy and good luck with your new one

Mike

My God

Just got back from holiday and spent and hour reading this lot. From a couple (or lady) in distress over non delivery we have had racial abuse, personal abuse, grammatic consultation, parental and ancestoral debate, to a geography lesson on New Zealand from a Mauri and an Essex girl in Cornwall! I would reply but words fail me!

Thank God the summer is coming-we all need to get out more

Hopefully you have got your van sorted now Poppy and good luck with your new one

Mike

Hello Peter,

From the tone of your reply to my posting, you sound like you may be an Accountant. If not, then it must be a similar profession. Alternatively, you could give us a clue as to what you are an expert in (or at).

I did not believe I was risking anything with the actions you deem risky. My idea of risky must be different to yours. Angola during the Civil War was risky, helping to douse oil fires on refineries was risky, working underground was risky. Part exchanging a motorhome was not really near the top of my list.

As Dolly Parton said "I want to wear out, not rust out"

Archived