Camping cheque cards

peter21

Anyone any experience of these? I didn't find their website very clear on the costs of using their silver or gold cards. Do you pay to preload them? There is an 'admin fee'....which seems to be a one off. If they have to be 'loaded' before use, can this be done from abroad?

Incidentally, I did post this on the tips forum, but was advised to move it here.

Also...I have no luck with the search function on these forums, which crashes about 19 times out of 20. Its a shame; I'm sure there is a whole load of useful information hidden in these archives. Is any one else having these problems?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Peter

We have a camping Cheque Gold card, find it very convenient, you do not have to keep filling in the paper cheques. You can load it from the suppliers in the UK ( Alan Rogers ) and by phone from abroad. Once loaded then the first site you visit will transfer the units bought to your card, every time you use it you will get a receipt sowing units used and balance remaining.There is a charge for the card which lasts 3 years and includes 3 magazines a year.

There is a service charge when you buy Camping Cheques, the same as with paper cheques.

With a Gold card you also get offers from campsites.

cannot comment on the Silver card as I have had my Gold card for 5 years now and Silver was nit available then.

Archived