Showroom Tax

tonyishuk

Thanks.

the article does promote the thought that maybe caravaning will decline. Caravans seem to be getting heavier, means that the vehicles need to be bigger to pull them.

The accumulative cost of initial purchase of a vehicle , VED, insurance (for both car and caravan) and storage (if you are unlucky and have to store) makes M/homing quite reasonable cost wise.

More people to wave to whilst on the road !

(Maybe ) *-)

Rgds

tonyishuk - 2010-02-14 12:32 PM

.......the article does promote the thought that maybe caravaning will decline. Caravans seem to be getting heavier, means that the vehicles need to be bigger to pull them.

I don't really believe it will make much difference to be honest. A motor vehicle is a tool and you buy a tool to do a job at the end of the day if you are going to shell out £20000 on a tool I really don't see that having to find an extra 'one off' payment of £550 is going to make a lot of odds in terms of what you buy to do the job (especially as the manufacturers will no doubt adjust the selling price or additional accessories to compensate somewhat) it certainly wouldn't to me. Most cars will still be bought used anyway and this 'one off' payment should not have much effect on used prices (unlike the scrappage payment that has made used cars of a certain age hard to buy so increasing their value). Also an increase in VED of £10 to £20 is insignificant in considerations of which tool to buy when it is being bought to do a job.

Just my opinion.

Bas

Archived