E S Hartleys have

Poppy

Yes thank you everyone for your contributions and interest.We are buying a 2009 Hobby exclusive van.Its in the country and has not yet been registered.Its coming with lots of goodies i.e reversing camera, awning etc and we think we will like it.We had a 2007 Hymer 522 (and dare I say it?Think the build quality of the Hymer slightly better) BUT the lounge was virtually unuseable.The wardrobe was in the lounge which blocked the use of one of the captains chairs, the table too big and too low so getting your legs under it difficult and the lighting, both natural and artificial very poor.We loved the overall layout, the garage,size,loading margin and build quality.The Hobby is the same size, well made and the lounge minus wardrobe, smaller higher table and brilliant lighting is much more comfortable.The chairs are more adjustable as well.We DID get a very good deal and I say this as I want to put the situation clear as regards Hartleys who really have done their best.We were very worried at one time but they have come through.

Guest Tracker

I am so pleased that you have a satisfactory outcome Poopy and I cynical old me does have to wonder if anyone from Hartley's looks at the forum!

I hope that the van turns out to be all that you hope it will and just in case Hartley's are watching - well done and I would certainly consider buying a van from you - but not in parting with my old one first!

Tracker - 2010-02-13 6:44 PM

I am so pleased that you have a satisfactory outcome Poopy and I cynical old me does have to wonder if anyone from Hartley's looks at the forum!

I hope that the van turns out to be all that you hope it will and just in case Hartley's are watching - well done and I would certainly consider buying a van from you - but not in parting with my old one first!

Simon Waite of E S Hartley posted on

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=18607&posts=27

Guest Tracker

Thanks Derek - it would be good to believe that the outcome would have been the same without the potential publicity and as I said earlier I would be happy to buy from hartleys as they do appear to be an ethical dealer.

The mark of integrity is not in the mistakes easily made but the way they are rectified.

I agree with Richard. Glad it turned out to the good and Poppy enjoys her new van. The trouble is that the very few dealers with poor customer service spoil it for the majority of hard working and honest family type companies. Camper u/k where we bought our Burstner being an example of one of the good guys.

Archived