Camping-car D'Hotes

robertandjean

Hi,

Anyone a member of this scheme ?

It is similar to the France Passion scheme, but with some differences; of the 1000 stopovers the majority are, like FP, free but some make a small charge (no more than 5€/night) whilst others "require" some purchase, for example visiting a museum. Cost of membership for 2010 is 23€.

Seemed worth a go, so went to web site and joined, with promise of details being sent out prior to Easter. FP is fine but many of stopovers are well out and tend to be concentrated more in south. As Camping-car D'Hotes is more northern based (Orleans) then perhaps stops will be more spread out. Well we will see. But what with FP, the aires network and now membership of this new scheme should be spoilt for choice in our French trips this yerar! In any event will let you all know what Camping-car D'Hotes stopovers are like.

I believe the scheme also has a maximum 'stay' of two nights rather than the FP one. I've seen the Camping-car D'Hotes book in French motorhome dealerships and it's quite a glossy thing. I vaguely recall reading that the chap who started the scheme mortgaged his home to fund the initial costs and is now a 'big noise' in the French FFACC.

hi robertandjean

this sounds a more interesting option than FP for us...we're not really foodies so never joined FP

will keep a look out for the publication on our way back

look forward to hearing how it works in practice !!

cheers

berti

Archived