Aspartame poisoning

J9withdogs

I came across this on another forum.

Apparently excessive amounts of aspartame - the artificial sweetener found in diet drinks and sugar-substitutes - can cause health problems.

It's even been linked to lupus and multiple sclerosis-type illnesses.

There's a lot of hype on the internet about it but here's quite an informed article:

LINK

Ive been aware of this for a few years Jan :-S I did at one time check every time I bought the cordial /orange juice that I bought for my grand-children. I also had a list of E numbers that I used to check for in foods that are banned in France :-S but like everything else you get complacent and lazy. But I dont know why if other Countries ban these additives we can carry on using them.

Guest Tracker
Even drinking too much water can damage your health but don't worry as life is terminal anyway and we are all only allowed to die once but it can be from as many causes as you like!

Yes PKC - I agree - I am trying to preserve myself from the inside out using Rioja, Shiraz and Merlot. The tannins help as anti oxidants apparently and probably give my insides a nice tan, tho' I have not looked to confirm this. I do not take this to excess but enjoys a couple of glasses whenever I feel like it.

The alcohol content does me the power of good though and despite what the numpties say I believe a few glasses does you good as it is part of the "Mediterranean diet" that seems to work for many of us.

And I cannot wait for some sunshine which far from giving you skin cancer as the numpties have been saying - it actually protects us from all sorts of things according to a news report today on the radio - but as said above - an excess of anything is never a good idea.

Just sugar and lemon juice for us. have tried maple syrup and it is ok but a bit sickly.

Love savoury pancakes - beef mince fried with onion peppers and garlick then smeared over the hot pancake and rolled up so in cross section it would look swiss role like. Awsome!

Heard on the radio this morning that adding a bit of bicarbonate of soda makes pancakes all fluffy and if you add yeast to the mix then leave to stand you get the "beliny" type pancake that was originaly from Russia but ever so popular in the US.

Never tried either but will give it a go.

CliveH - 2010-02-16 5:05 PM

The alcohol content does me the power of good though and despite what the numpties say I believe a few glasses does you good as it is part of the "Mediterranean diet" that seems to work for many of us.

Just be carefull how much you drink apparently drinking two bottles of wine a day cuts your life expectancy to that of a teetotaler B-)

CliveH - 2010-02-16 8:14 PM

Just sugar and lemon juice for us. have tried maple syrup and it is ok but a bit sickly.

Love savoury pancakes - beef mince fried with onion peppers and garlick then smeared over the hot pancake and rolled up so in cross section it would look swiss role like. Awsome!

Heard on the radio this morning that adding a bit of bicarbonate of soda makes pancakes all fluffy and if you add yeast to the mix then leave to stand you get the "beliny" type pancake that was originaly from Russia but ever so popular in the US.

Never tried either but will give it a go.

Just pleased that there are still other's who celebrate (if that's the right word) 'Pancake Day'. Lot of blank look's when I mentioned this today, especially from the youngster's, and 'Ash Wednesday' with 40 days Lent before Easter left me feeling rather out of touch. :-S

Aspartame poisoning has been on the go for years, nothing new there, same as loads of other things ...

Ria ... you really shouldn't taunt Howie like that, the poor old soul only has a few things he can do at his age and to ask him to give one up for Lent is just plain cruel ...

... on second thoughts ... what are you giving up Howie! >:-)

Any more of your 'wit' and it'll be the will to live Mel. 8-) . Don,t know really. Sex drugs and rock and roll, peeing through the butcher's letterbox on the way home from the pub, watching Marian next door undressing for bed, the usual things. Think i,ll stop my anonymous obscene phone call's to Michele while i'm at it. Run out of credit the other night and she offered to reverse the charges which sort of takes all the fun out of it. How about you Ria. Always come over as a sweet 'butter would,nt melt in your mouth' type of country girl, but sometimes get the impression there's a lot more to you than all that. Go on, tell us what you are giving up and prove me right.

Howie, it's not about the things that you've HAD to give up due to getting old and decrepid and can't do anymore - it's about things that you are still able to do (not much I know my little fluffy bunny), but are still willingly giving up for lent, no matter how small (not that I've been looking lately you understand! :D ).

Archived