Mobile mechanics

michele

Does anyone know of any that are in or around that travel obviously otherwise it wouldnt be mobile.

Can anyone do Fiat bits on a computer or is it only a Fix it again tomorrow garage that would have that computer technology on their machines.

Wished I could find someone that comes to the house and fixes it with 4 disabled kids its not easy to take a day off and go get it mended.

Guest Tracker

What's gone wrong now Michele?

There are probably both vehicle and caravan mobile mechanics in your local yellow pages that you could phone and at least speak to and if they can't help they may know a man who can?

Michele

Have a look at your Fiat handbook.  I'm sure I remember that symbol as meaning the transponder in the ignition key hadn't been correctly read by the engine immobiliser.  If you haven't started the van for a while, that may be all it is.

If the ignition key has a remote locking button on it, the key probably has a battery somewhere inside.  If that battery is a replaceable type, and has never been replaced, that may also contribute.

The Ford keys have rechargeable batteries in them, that recharge when in the ignition lock, and if these are left out of the lock for long periods the remote doesn't work.  However, I think your Fiat probably has replaceables so a new battery may be all that is required, or just leaving the key in the ignition for a while with the engine running.

Have a look at your Fiat handbook. I'm sure I remember that symbol as meaning the transponder in the ignition key hadn't been correctly read by the engine immobiliser. If you haven't started the van for a while, that may be all it is.

Why have you got to be a know it all :D or how comes you do know it all :D

I think this is exactly the problem Brian . It seems to of done the trick just going out and running it .

I know it maybe crazy to some people but it sits on the drive and I never give it a thought I suppose it doesnt dictate our lives (dont all jump)

what I mean is we pass it by for weeks months then one of us might need something from inside .

I wished we had more time but we dont time is taken up on more urgent tasks or should I say immediate things with the kids.

Anyway MOT tomorrow and then off to Paris in it haha thats if its up to it :D

Hi Michele,

I have just posted a lengthly reply to your other query without noticing that you have solved your own problem with the aid of Brian. Do take a look at that though because it gives some helpful tips to make sure you do not ever get stuck with a faulty immobiliser, and other forum members may find it enlightening too.

Nick

michele - 2010-02-16 5:10 PM ............. Why have you got to be a know it all :D or how comes you do know it all :D .............:D

Er, I don't!  It's just that our previous van was on a Fiat like yours, but I read the handbook.  ;-)  La, la la, la, la la!  Remember that snow pic? 

Id follow Nick's advice though, just in case it decides to have another sulk!  Machines with moods - don't ya just lurve em!  :-D

Archived