TomTom Poi's Again

kelly58

On my old tomtom710 I loaded the poi's for French Aires and ASCI / CC sites etc which went onto the sd card I have just updated and bought a new tomtom 750 live which I want to load the poi's to , but the 750 doe's not have a sd card only a hard drive so you know whats coming next How do I do it ?? anyone who can help will be a star

Could you not make a back-up using TomTom Home and then restore/copy the POI's back onto you new TomTom? Unless you have done it recently it might be worth downloading a new set of POI's for European campsites/ACSI/Camping Cheque sites here http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/ Archie usually includes instructions but basically you just copy them into the map folder on the TomTom. Can't help with Aires.

David

kelly58 - 2010-02-16 8:41 PM On my old tomtom710 I loaded the poi's for French Aires and ASCI / CC sites etc which went onto the sd card I have just updated and bought a new tomtom 750 live which I want to load the poi's to , but the 750 doe's not have a sd card only a hard drive so you know whats coming next How do I do it ?? anyone who can help will be a star

Firstly I wouldn't use TomTom HOME for anything except for updating my map.

If you attach your old TT710 to your PC (or insert your SD card) you will see it shown as a new drive.  All you need to do is copy the files you want from the old map folder to a temporary folder on your desktop.

Remove your TT710 (or SD card) and attach the new TT750 device to your PC.  Again, it will show as a new drive.  All you should need to do now is copy the files from the temporary folder into the map folder on the TT750 and 'turn on' the POIs so they show on the map.

Good luck.

W2G

Archived