Sociable in the South West!

DerekG

Hello again,

Just seen that this section has been relegated to page eight - due to inacitvity since the middle of last month. Who gets as far downt he list as page eight?

So, this here, then, is just an excuse to get us up to the top of the league table for a bit to see if anyone else is interested in joining our group.

We're expecting and hoping to take our first getting-to-know-you jaunt in the next week or two.....

Looking forward to hearing from y'all.

Derek and Lesley

Tracker - 2010-02-24 7:42 PM

J9withdogs - 2010-02-24 7:37 PM

Especially Captain Birdseye :D

I think Sid (I think that is his name - memory failure?) and Mavis retired from Motor caravanning & sold their Duetto a few years back Janine as he was well into his 80's at that time?

Give them all our best regards when you see them again please! They may well have forgotten me but they might remember Rosie and her delight in chasing rabbits wherever we went!

Glad that you still remember your days with us, Mr. O...s (Sorry, forget your forename). Our Chairman in your day was Jim Wakeham (aka Captain Birdseye). Jim is still going strong but Mavis not so well at the present time. They gave up about 3 years ago after their 'van was broken into and vandalised. The Devon & Cornwall Group (soon the be upgraded to the status of 'Area') is going from strength to strength but is, we believe, still as friendly as ever. To camp with us, one must be a member of the Camping & Caravanning Club and, preferably but not necessarily, a member of the Motor Caravan Section of the Club. Any member of the Club can see details of our 'Meets' in the Clubs monthly magazine entitled (strangely enough) 'Out and About'.

• 1 year later...

Archived