pido 7086F 2.3 JTD 4 berth motorhome

Billie

Hi

We are new to motor home' s and have just purchased a Rapido 7086F 2.3 JTD 4 berth and we want to know if we can tow a little car behind us , not on a trailer but we have told this is ilegal in Spain not to tow on a trailer can anyone confirm this for me.

And does anyone know what type of little car is the lightest.

thanks

This site http://www.carpages.co.uk/ is usefil as it lists all the major dimensions and weights of cars.

I think it depends on what you want from a "little" car, they seem to range from a ones that are like glorified 2 seater quad bikes, (Qpod ?) to Smarts, IQs ect.

Personaly speaking I would not tow on an A frame, but only use a trailer. This discussion causes much debate in the M/home community !

Try the search on threads for A Frame. and see what comes up. The search is a little temporemental at the moment, so be patient.

Rgds

It is a largish van with a fairly slim payload.  Given that, and the 2.3 litre engine, I think it will struggle a bit towing a car.  Imperatively, check that the Gross Train Weight, the combined laden weights of both motorhome (assume 3.5 tonnes) and car (including any trailer), is sufficient.  I think you will find it tight!

Billie

There has been lots of earlier discussion on motorhomes towing cars, but there's little chance that you'll manage to get this forum's (appalling) Search facility to work without some guidance.

Go to the box that says "Welcome, Billie" towards the top-right of this web-page and click on the "Search" option. Then set

Keywords=a-frame

Filter by author=Derek Uzzell

Date limit=All posts

Then click on the Submit button.

This will retrieve a large helping of previous 'car towing' threads that you should find useful.

Unfortunately, the question of the legality of a motorhome towing a car via an A-frame - within the UK and, particularly, abroad - continues to be debated with little sign of an early and satisfactory answer.

Archived